Help with Blood tests

After feeling absolutely awful and suicidal, it turned out my thyroid had dropped and was upped from 10mg T3/75mg T4 to 10mg T3/100mg T4. However on list visit to GP she said it was over active, but kept me on same cause of how bad i was last time she saw me. I've now got a copy of my latests bloods and are even more confused. Can anyone help me understand them please.

Serum TSH level 0.12 mIU/L 0.34 - 5.60mlU/L (Borderline Low TSH)

Serum free T4 level 9.10 pmol/L 7.50 - 21.10pmol/L

Serum free T3 level 4.80 pmol/L 3.80 - 6.80pmol/L

I'm assuming the second set are the ranges? and is the 0.12 borderline?

Any help gratefully received.

4 Replies

• Hi Karen

Can you please confirm the symptoms you are having as this will help people to offer support.

• I definately feel better than i did in march, however i still feel a horrible sinking feeling that everything is just too much to cope with! Its worse in morning before i take my medication & am wondering if i should self diagnose with t3 only, as i hear its an antidepressant in itself, but im not sure what the dosage should be. Id love to get rid of this sinking feeling as it makes me panic as i want to stop feeling it so badly.

• A lot of people 'tweak' their own meds according to how they are feeling.

We would not advise totally going it alone - particularly with T3.

I think she may be wrong about your results and that it is possible that you may benefit from more T3 - for a lot of people they would need to be closer to the top end of the range (6.80 in your case) to feel well..

• Thank you Louise xx

You may also like...