What blood test should I ask for?

I have all the signs and symptoms of an under active Thyroid and due to family history (each female relative) I'm allowed 1 blood test each year, but mot recent TSH test came back with in normal range. I believe the range for peterborough is 2 to 5.5 my most recent was 4.67 but still normal.

Going to ask for another test but what else should I request at the same time? Always have low iron if that's any help.

Thanks carol

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Make sure you have your blood drawn for your next TSH test as early as possible in the day - e.g. 08:00.

thyroiduk.healthunlocked.co...

Plus vitamin B12, folates, iron/ferritin and vitamin D.

If you have low iron, are you doing anything about it? Sensible iron levels are very important for thyroid hormones to work properly.

Rod

• Thank you doctors keeps giving me pills for iron and then re- tests iron back to normal, tests it again couple of months later down again haven't had it done for a while so will ask .

• Which sounds like you are not getting properly treated/investigated.

Please don't let this carry on - it is not doing you any good.

Hypothyroidism can make it more difficult to absorb iron - often due to low stomach acidity.

Rod

• Have u been tested for thyroid anti-bodies?Just that,i have high antibodies but normal tsh(with lots hypothyroid symptoms)and my doc retests my thyroid at least every 6months.

You may also like...