IBS in the morning

I have recently been diagnosed and wondered if others have the same thing.. ..

1. I seem to always have a flare up once a week.

2. it is worse in the morning

3. sometimes i need the loo badly within an hour of eating.

However, the last three days I have had it really bad first thing in the morning. so bad in fact that one of the days I really thought it could have been a bug.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Hidden,

Your symptoms all sound very common (if that helps!) Most people with IBS are usually bothered in the mornings... and its common to have this every day... I think it would help you to keep a food diary, because often there are 'triggers'... and you can experiment with different diet (such as the FOD map diet) which seems to help a lot of people. IBS can 'change' in symptoms from time to time, too... It can be hard, but try not to get too discouraged... a lot of people can and do go 'into remission' or their symptoms ease up.

For me nothing worked as well as going totally grain-free for 6 weeks. ALL grains...we are not talking gluten free (which never helped me) ... and I know it can be challenging (and I felt SO sorry for myself at times!) ...but sometimes you just 'gotta do what you gotta do' as the old saying goes. Good luck to you.

• Thank you so much. it most certainly helps to know others have had similar.

I have been doing a food diary for a few months and mamaged to rule out a couple of things. i really hope one day go into remission as I currently dread going to eat out which i used to really enjoying doing as a treat. the only thing that seems safe now is believe it or not mcdonalds!!

Thanks again

• Its not to bad if you get an hour after food but if its urgent then it could still be IBS.

If its a bug you will be going constantly !

I have urgent but i often dont make it too loo and have done it in bed or on way too loo.

If I go out wen had evening meal with dog then I go beind trees more than he does.

funny storey : I put it in poo bag and take it home-on way home once a woman said to me " goodness has he done all that !"-I just raised my eyebrows at her-is it that obviouse!

When i got a little further down the road I couldnt stop laghing.

A -real-bag-of-s---

Love s x

• Hehe thanks for sharing your story, not surprised you laughed after wards. Good to hear you arent making it rule your life.

Thats the weird thing. i went about 5 times in two hours one morning, thats why i thought it was a bug. but seems others sometimes have it bad in the morning too. I just find it very frustrating.

• To determine a particular food group you need to leave one out f your diet at a time keeping the diary to see what changes there might be, like dairy

I have a dairy intolerance and eat out a lot and have just come back from holiday in France and Italy

Restaurants are very good when you let them know.

When travelling abroad I made up a translation of 'I'm allergic to .......' and showing the card in restaurants gets a sympathetic service. Eurostar even provide special meals when asked

Don't be afraid to say you are intolerant of a food

• Great advice, thank you. at the moment I know i need to stay away from milk, cream, brocoli, spices and orange juice. i think some cooking oil too and none brand mayonaise.

I think another thing for me is volume of certain foods. total minefield it seems

You may also like...