Triple Negative Breast Cancer - SHARE Breast Canc...

SHARE Breast Cancer Support
1,187 members512 posts

Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Bhompston
Bhompston
3 Replies

Hi - I'm 63 and recently diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. I'm being treated at the Royal Marsden in London. I am having accelerated chemo - 4 cycles of EC every two weeks, followed by 12 cycles of Taxol weekly with Carboplatin added every three weeks. That should end in February when I have an operation.

I'm waiting results of a gene test in case I need a double mastectomy.

The good news is that after 2 cycles of EC my tumour has shrunk by 1cm, 25% of its size.

3 Replies
oldestnewest
PLASEM

I am too triple negative with metastasis to the bones I am taking Xeloda and I know it is working, you said that you are getting EC what it is? That it is really good that your treatment is working God bless you

1 like
VicReg
VicRegAdministrator

I'm also triple negative, stage 2 with lymph node involvement. Epirubicin and cyclophosphamide aren't typically used here in the states as first line of treatment. I'm so happy to hear your tumor is shrinking after only 2 rounds. That's wonderful news.

1 like
Sjreb

I was also recently diagnosed with triple negative, grade 3, with lymph node involment. Just finished 2/4 round of AC then 12 of Taxol after as well, I am waiting for gene results as well to decide on lumpectomy vs mastectomies. It all happen so fast!

You may also like...