SHARE Breast Cancer Support
736 members340 posts

I’m new here

I was diagnosed in April of 2011 with metastatic Breast Cancer. I am being treated at Sloan Kettering in NYC. My metastasis had spread to lymph nodes, spine, and bone. I was treated with hormonal anti estrogen meds and participated in three clinical trials. No drama until spring of 2016 when I began to have severe side effects from my current meds. My oncologist addressed this and things stabilized until this past spring. I had a severe attack of spinal stenosis in the vertebrae where my tumor is. I had emergency spinal surgery as I couldn’t walk without extreme pain. I’m recovering now and had to quit my full time job. I can no longer take the stress of commuting and working full time. I’d love to connect with others who are stage IV metastatic Breast Cancer warriors like myself.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi HarrietTheSpy, welcome and thank you for sharing your story. If you're looking to connect with metastatic patients, we actually have a board specifically for women with stage IV breast cancer (this page is for early stage breast cancer community).

Much like this board, you'll find a supportive group of people who've been where you are. You can find the metastatic community here: healthunlocked.com/share-me...

Look forward to posting with you!

1 like

Thank you! Checking it out right now.

1 like

Share also has a telephone support group specifically for metastatic women. If you'd like more information about it, give the helpline a call: 844-275-7427.

You may also like...