heart attack/cardic arrest - Sudden Cardiac Ar...

Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Heart Attack

1,776 members β€’ 377 posts

heart attack/cardic arrest

Shannon97
Shannon97
β€’3 Replies

hello everyone

ive suffered with my chest for years been to the doctors so many times etc and was in hospital 3 weeks ago with a heart rate of 150..ive always been scared of my heart and lungs..im so scared anout having a cardic arrest,heart attack,asthma literally everything and its stopping me doing everything and anything because i think something is going to happen πŸ˜” xxxx

3 Replies
β€’

So sorry this is going on for you. I too at one time had the heart rate of 150. The doctor diagnosed it as afib. The other thing they found was I had low blood levels of potassium and magnesium. Within a few minutes of them administering IV magnesium and having me take some potassium tablets my heart rate settled right down. I should say that was after the medication they experimented with did virtually nothing to reduce my heart rate. I'm not saying this is the case for you, but I would certainly have them check those variables. They did give me a medication to keep things in check but the side effects I was having were causing more problems than they were solving. The cardiologist said I could stop the medication at anytime if that happened, which I did. Since then I have been supplementing with some potassium 99mg daily, in addition to whatever I was getting in my food. I also take 600+ mg of magnesium daily. Since I started doing that I have had no more afib (heart racing) episodes. I wish you luck in finding your solution.

wbiC
wbiC in reply to sca2013

600+ magnesium as a daily supplement may eventually prove excessive.

"Table 3: Tolerable Upper Intake Levels (ULs) for Supplemental Magnesium"

Age Male Female Pregnant Lactating

Birth to 12 months None established None established

1–3 years 65 mg 65 mg

4–8 years 110 mg 110 mg

9–18 years 350 mg 350 mg 350 mg 350 mg

19+ years 350 mg 350 mg 350 mg 350 mg

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/M...

~wbiC, member sca-heart-attack forum

sca2013
sca2013 in reply to wbiC

Good to know.