DLA success!

Yesterday the dreaded brown envelope came through the letter box, I didn't want to open it, but of course I did.

Imagine my surprise to discover that I am still in the support group! and I did not have to go for a medical for the first time!

It has taken them about 17 weeks to process my claim, but I am not complaining!

I filled in the form with total honesty, and I used the 'Benefits at work' site to help, they are very comprehensive and explain those strange questions very well,

I highly recommend them. You can access them for free by email from Health unlocked

Good luck all Cazx

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Exactly what kind of claim are you talking about? :o) You are in the UK, yes?

Donna/USA

• Sorry I was so excited I forgot to say it was an ESA claim, blame it on the ftbro!

I am very poorly with it at the moment, I also have inflammatory bowel disease, and degenerative disc disease, and a heap of other stuff.

I should have titled this ESA success, my apologies for the confusion!

Best wishes to you, Cazx

• PS, I am in the UK, Cazx

• DLA= disability living allowance, its a benefit for sick and disabled people Donna

jean- birmingham :)

• Hi, Niahh, are you only siteing your RLS to claim your DLA? I didn't know you could claim for RLS as a "Sickness". Good luck to you. I have real bad arthritus and can't get it. Maybe i will try again.

Margaret

• HI MARGARET, IM NOT CLAIMING FOR IT, ITS CAZBAZ COMMENT , I WAS JUST EXPLAINING TO DONNA, WHAT THE BENEFIT WAS :), BUT IM GLAD CAZBAZ GOT IT :)

• HI, How come you cant get it ?? i have arthritis quiet bad myself, hands feet upper and lower back and left knee,no much left to go, i thought if you had it bad you could get DLA ?? i would try again ,

jean-birmingham

• I think you will find that Cazbaz is disabled, that is why she applied for the DLA...

• Yes I am disabled, and get DLA also, I have awful problems with walking, and the bowel disease is also a big problem. their are several other conditions too, some of which are awaiting diagnosis.

I really just wanted to help people with the info on the benefits at wok site

best wishes Cazx

• ooppss sorry, was having a real bad evening with the legs. up, down and in and out the garden just couldn't settle so the brain wasn't working so well.

Margaret

• just to let you know, you can claim incapacity benefit for RLS if you are under 60

• I am on incapacity benefit for disc problems also have severe restless leg syndrome but did not realise I could claim it for just RLS,that is such good news as like most of you are severely sleep deprieved!! x

You may also like...