Oh what a day

After a bad nights sleep it turns out that I have paseed my cough/cold onto Brian so he is very unsteady on his feet. It also puts me in a quandary do I just give him paracetamol or start the antibiotics. The 94 year old lady that I look after sounds like a steam train with a chesty cough/cold. So I can see this going back and forth like a tennis ball.

And to top the lot the 2 carer's that came in tonight were as much use as a chocolate teapot. One girl just stood there holding the handle of the rotastand I had to explain again that it is better for him if you support him hands on rather then the self supporting stand. So I showed her how (again). They faffed about so much that even Brian swore at them not surprised by that because I was getting wound up by what they was doing. Now for my glass of wine and bed. Janexx

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Make that two glasses Jane

love Georgepa

• Or three! I'm going to bed now with a decafe coffee with rather a lot of Bailey's in it.

I hope the cold doesn't go to Brian's chest and hope yours soon clears as well.

Night night

X

• Hi Jane, I'm sat here, totally exhausted! Just spent an hour and half getting S up, breakfasted, showered and out of the house. He has gone off to the local hospice for the day. Now I am wondering "What do I do?" This is the third time he has gone, the last two just before Christmas, were fine, had busy days, but now I just feel like going to sleep! Up changing sheets in the night, as well!!! I feel I should be going out to see what the real world is up to, but I never could understand the "sales"!!!! Why would you want to buy something, hundreds of people have pulled around, to save a couple of quid!

I am, for once, going to take my own advice and go back to bed. Who cares about the house, the shops, I can always go shopping later!

Happy New Year!

Lots of love

Heady

• Brian starts at the hospice on the 27th of January for one day a week. Have been trying to think about what I'm going to do on my day off but I think I like the idea of haveing a day in bed Janexx

• Hi Jane, hope you make it! I didn't!!! After been on this site, wrote a long reply to someone and lost it! Then S's son came around to look at our bathroom(needs doing very urgently!). By that time, I had time for a quick shower, down to the supermarket, then rush to get S. So much for MY break! Still S is enjoying it, that's the main thing and I had a couple of hours of not worrying about him. I will have to plan next week more carefully. Least it will be a full day. Fed up with all this part time stuff and everywhere being shut, be glad to get back to "normal!" Can't believe I just said that and meant it!!!

Lots of love

Heady

• It's such A job My husband is now completely bed ridden Has to wear depends Buttt he sleeps all now he's about 8 yrs from the start of psp. Time wise where are all of yu at ??????

• It's such A job My husband is now completely bed ridden Has to wear depends Buttt he sleeps all now he's about 8 yrs from the start of psp. Time wise where are all of yu at ??????

• Happy new year everyone !!!!oooooo

• IT DEPENDS WHERE YOU TAKE THE DATE FROM,,, I WAS DX WITH PD IN JAN 2010 BUT WAS REDXD IN NOVEMBER 2012 - SO IF I TAKE FOM JAN 2010 RTHEN I AM 4 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD XXX OO LOVE TO EVERYONE

• IT DEPENDS WHERE YOU TAKE THE DATE FROM,,, I WAS DX WITH PD IN JAN 2010 BUT WAS REDXD IN NOVEMBER 2012 - SO IF I TAKE FOM JAN 2010 RTHEN I AM 4 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD XXX OO LOVE TO EVERYONE

• HI A LATE LATE REPLY 2 YR POST

I WA SDXD DEC 2010 SO AM 4+ YRS DOWN THE ROAD BAUT IT HAD STARTED B4 THEN =- I HAD A FALL OTU OF NA ARMCHAIR AND FRACTURED MY ANKLE BADLY 2 YRS B4 HTAT THEN I CRASHED MY CAR (6 MONTHS B4) WHICH WAS A WRITE OFF BTU I WAS OK AND LCUKY SO GAVE YP DRIVIGN HTERE AND THEN NAD WORKED OUT IT WOUDL BE A ALTOA CHEAPE RTO GET THE BUS WHERE PSOSIBLE AND TRAINS AND TAXIS OTHERWISE

AND

THEN II MOVED IN W ITH MY PARTNER AND WE GOT OUR MOTABILITY CAR AND HAV E JUST GOT OUR 2ND ONE - SO HOPEFULLY ANOTHER 3 YRS TO GO..BUT WE SHALL SEE............

DID U MEAN WHAT ITMELINE ARE WE ON WITH THE PSP OR WITH THE NEW YEARS??

I DID,NIOR

T CELEBRATE IT AT ALL THIS YR AS MY PARTNER HAD A 24 HOUR FLU BUG AND WAASIN BED FOR 8EPM OS I JOINED HIM AND HAD A GOOD SLEEP INSTEAD- IWAS DI SAPPOINTED AS I HAV EALWYAS LIKED NEW YEAR INT EH PAST AND ALWAYS CELEBRATED IN SOME WAY

KLOL JILL

:-)

You may also like...