Had a video call today from the Rheumatologist. The temporal biopsy was negative however, due to the delay of three weeks on 60mg Prednisolone he was not surprised.
He was very approachable and thorough with covering past and recent symptoms. His opinion was to treat as TA due to symptoms and blood results. He has arranged for an infusion of Aclasta and an infusion nurse will call me on the 11th May to explain the procedure further.
He wants to see the results if the Field eye test which is being redone on May 4th due to the error in installing the dilating drops prior to the test.He said he will liaise with G.P and was happy with her tapering plan put forward.
I explained that the headache had gone but there was still some slight residual pain on my scalp. He felt that was indicating some permanent nerve damage was present as the headache had resolved. He felt about two years of treatment maybe needed if all went well but said it is unpredictable as to how people respond and it could be longer.
So now waiting to see if there are any changes in the Field test and I hope some of the nerve damage shown may have been due to the drops..... I hope!🤞🏻