I posted yesterday "confused and frustrated". Thanks to everyone who replied! I know there is no easy answer, but just knowing I am not alone does help tremendously. I have followed up with the rheumatologist practice, offered to drive to any location, but still no openings until mid-September. I will be eventually placed on a cancellation list, but she could make no promises. I also called another practice in a larger city that is a drivable distance and was told the same thing, first available, Sept. I called my GP office and pleaded that I need to be seen before Sept. The office person told me the referral was marked Urgent. The nurse called me back to say that is a typical wait and she will talk to the my GP to see if he has any other advice & let me know.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.