Coping mechanisms

Hi. Does anyone have any good mechanisms for coping with nervous pressure pain in the perineum? Sometimes, I get it really bad - it hurts and feels like I want to bear down into my pelvic floor.

I sometimes try yoga stretches of the pelvic floor, but often this exacerbates the discomfort.

Thanks.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you been assessed by a pelvic floor physiotherapist? If not I would suggest that you look into this. It might be that the stretches you are doing are not right for you at the moment. There are a number of books about dealing with pelvic pain, such as Heal Pelvic Pain and A Headache in the Pelvis, which suggest coping mechanisms. Ice or cold water can help. Also, I try to do 10mins meditation each day, which can help calm the central nervous system. Medication can help, but it can take a while to find out what suits any individual. Good luck.

• Hi Henry 1858. Try looking up videos of relaxation techniques and start doing this at least 2x/day. I like the ones that guide you from head to toe. I like helpguide.org/relaxation techniques. You can do this while waiting to find a physio as Jullibee reccomended.

You may also like...