PCD Family Support Group (UK)
302 members147 posts

Travel Costs to See a Specialist

I am very fortunate in that I get to see a specialist once a year but I live in Cornwall and the specialist is in London. It costs me £130 in train fares to get to London and I was wondering if anyone knows of any grants or funding that I could apply for to help with the travel costs?

5 Replies

Hi Hannah - I am sorry we do not offer any grants or funding for travel costs. I don't know whether it might be worth asking at the Citizen's Advice Bureau if they know of any way to help? Fiona


Thanks, I'll give that a try


Hello Hannah,

Have you mentioned this at the hospital concerned, they may be able to suggest a way of getting funding or organising the travel for you?

Always worth a shot.



Thanks, I'll definitely ask at my next appointment


You may also like...