PCD/Bronchiectasis and headaches - PCD Family Suppor...

PCD Family Support Group (UK)
410 members189 posts

PCD/Bronchiectasis and headaches

Iram_sa
Iram_sa
7 Replies

Hi everyone, I have PCD and bronchiectasis and regularly get headaches which stems from my shoulder and neck. Its not migraine/stress related as I get them and they are different.

I just wondered whether there was a link between the lung condition and pains in these areas? I do get more and more breathless and tired now.

Thank you in advance 😊

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Hope4321

Hi I also have PCD and Bronchitis.

I do get a lot of headaches.. mine comes from blocked nose or sinus symptoms.

It could be your posture too (I also have this problem) my chiropractor told me Sometimes I’m really tight in these areas because of breathlessness and tight chest symptoms so my posture is bad

I hope it gets better for you soon x

1 like
Iram_sa
Iram_sa
in reply to Hope4321

Thank you so much for replying. My husband did think it could be my poor posture too. Has your chiropractor recommended anything?

I also get headaches from sinus issues and had sinus surgery twice in two years. Those headaches were different and in a way more painful.

I have been going for massages regularly but that’s only a temporary relief.

Hope4321
Hope4321
in reply to Iram_sa

No problem.. I know how it feels with this illness every so often new symptoms come up and we just want answers.

I am due to go in to chiropractors every week for six weeks and she is going to try her best to help me have good posture.

In terms of tips for home , she suggested sitting on an exercise ball instead of chair/ sofa . Because it forces you to balance and sit straight.

She advised to sleep on my back .

And she taught me to lay on a hard floor on my back with knees to chest and arms both out on the floor stretched . This helps open up lungs/ chest area and forced you to breathe deep into our stomach.

Never sit with one leg crossed on other - causes bad posture. Sit with both feet flat on floor.

Hope that helps. You should definitely try to go to a chiropractor.

1 like
Iram_sa
Iram_sa
in reply to Hope4321

Thank you for these tips. I was actually crossing my legs when I read the “never sit with one leg crossed over the other” and immediately uncrossed them lol.

You are so right we are always looking for answer for all these symptoms that come up and sometimes I feel so embarrassed seeing my GP because of all the various symptoms and side effects I have had from the condition.

Oh well.. it is what it is.. hope it goes well with the chiropractor for you and you stay well 😊 x

Hope4321
Hope4321
in reply to Iram_sa

Haha well I was sat like that when I was with the Chiropractor and I asked her ‘what’s the best way for me to sit’ she said ‘Not like that!’ Lol 😂

Yeah I understand.

It’s actually so nice to talk to people with this condition. It’s so rare. 😊 nice to meet you Iram and take care x

1 like
BessH

I struggled with these sort of headaches stemming from my right shoulder and neck (and almost constant pain in my shoulder) for as long as I can remember until I took up yoga last year. I am now much more aware of my posture, when it’s poor and how to correct myself. 🤞 after years of accepting niggling right shoulder pain and relatively regular headaches stemming from my neck and shoulder, I am now almost always free of the pain and discomfort. Occasionally on very stressed/cross/crunched up kind of days it’ll start to niggle but I know I can fix it. Good luck finding your answer x

1 like
Iram_sa
Iram_sa
in reply to BessH

Hi Bess thank you for your reply. So was your headaches due to poor posture? No link to the condition? Glad to hear yoga has helped you. I did try yoga myself but with my joint issues I had to stop.

Glad to hear it’s helping you and hope you stay headache free 😊

You may also like...