Low INR?

I was just going over some blood work results from November 30th! And what did I find? My INR is a (1). OMG! I am so scared. Is this a normal thing for people with PBC? I got my results on December 8th...but he didn't put me on Warfarin or anything...I am extremely concerned. I was supposed to see him in early January, but with all the medical bills I don't have the money to go :( He has not called to say that this is a problem. What do I do?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ok...I did some more research and found that (1) is normal for healthy people not taking Warfarin. I had searched and searched before I made this post, but only found 2.0 - 3.0 was normal in people taking Warfarin. FINALLY, I found WebMD that explained that 1.1 or less in normal for people not taking Warfarin. Whew! I was really worried.

My Prothrombin time is 9.3 which in the normal range that is why I was so confused as to why my (1) was low. I'm glad I figured it out.

Any other info is greatly appreciated.

• Hi marty102

Was just about to suggest an email to the PBC Foundation but then saw your next post. So glad you have worked it out. Nasty scare though!

best wishes

• not sure what it means - but just breathe...I've been scared (am now) and it's hard to remember to just breathe.... :) HUGS

• Becca75

Thanks for the kind words :)

• Hi a normal INR is 1. It only rises if you take an anti coagulant medication, I had a stroke 4 years ago and take warfarin my INR is kept between 2 and 3

• Paulineemily

Thanks for clarifying. I was really scared.

You may also like...