Jaundice : My friend was  Jaundice before... - PBC Foundation

PBC Foundation
7,552 members6,398 posts

Jaundice

My friend was  Jaundice before 4 year , and now he has problems when he drink alcohol.....?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, Any signs of jaundice should be checked as soon as you can. Avoid alcohol you body is trying to warn you of a problem

1 like

Need to completely avoid or not 

Until you get what is causing jaundice I would. Please remember I am not a doctor , alcohol can be a cause of jaundice and cause liver problems. In answer to your question yes I would avoid alcohol.

2 likes

Hello Saleenanjas.

Does your friend have PBC.  If so, drinking alcohol frequently isn't such a good idea and moreso if one is encountering jaundice.

I personally don't drink alcohol, never bothered much pre-diagnosis (December 2010) and haven't bothered since diagnosis.  Odd times (ie festive period) I have had the odd bottle of non-alcoholic beer but can't say that is something I'd do frequently.

Some with PBC have the odd glass of wine and it apparently is fine but I expect it depends on how you are with the PBC.  I expect later stages of PBC are not a good idea at all and moreso if one is on other medications aas well as t he urso we take in PBC.

1 like

I agree with Brummi,  tell your friend not to drink any alcohol until he has been checked out. 

1 like

Dear Saleenanjas

Your friend should not touch alcohol until he knows what is wrong.  Alcohol is a toxin which can damage the liver.  The liver is a very important to organ to his well being.  Hope this is clear and helpful.  Best wishes to you both.  Diane

1 like

Your friend needs to see a doctor asap and have bloodwork done. 

1 like

You may also like...