I have had tingling and numbness in both legs for about 3 weeks now and have been very tired, with a poor sleep pattern. I SI every 3 weeks and the "free" one on the NHS at week 12. My surgery is on special measures and have no full time GP's they are all Locums but, I managed to get an appointment on 11th October the GP was fairly sympathetic and said my symptoms could be related to my B12 level, he suggested I should see a Haematologist. I stated the NICE guidelines about injecting on alternate days and he at least looked this up. He told me "that an Urgent appointment should be sought with a Haematologist but, the Haematologist will decide whether to administer B12!" 2 days later I had a letter inviting me to book the appointment with 1 of 3 hospitals.. 2 had no appointments available and the 1 I could book is for 5th December! Its very difficult to get a GP appointment (in fact its difficult for the surgery to answer the phone), but I went back on Tuesday and saw a different GP, he decide to take bloods and then will decide whether to treat me. I know my level will be high (I haven't told him I self inject - i told a nurse before Xmas and she refused to give me my free one and asked me to leave the surgery!)
The GP is phoning me tomorrow to discuss my blood results and I'm not really sure how to counter the fact he might refuse to administer loading doses?
PS i have been SI since Tuesday - daily but my neuropathy has not improved.