Really scared as tremor getting worse

Hi all

I posted a month ago re worsening symptoms, thanks for those that replied. Sorry I didn't acknowledge this at the time but I am very poorly.

The main thing is I have developed a tremor and it is getting worse. I am now very aware of it. I "feel" it in my arms and a bit in my head. The pins and needles are better and tinnitus not so bad.

As suggested, I alternated my hydroxocobalamin with methylcobalamin injections, also making sure I have sublingual B12 (PAS suggested this). Taking folic acid and iron.

I don't know whether it's down to general ill health (have probable adrenal insufficiency) and feeling so utterly dreadful that it's effecting my B12 symptoms.

I just very scared now and hope this is not my life now.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think you need to see your GP and get a proper diagnosis.It may not be anything to do with the B12.

What ever you decide to do I wish you all the best.

Please let me know how you get on.

Xx

• BG, if you're really worried as you sound get to the dr. as chocolate 41 suggests. Sorry to hear it. X

• Hi thanks I have informed my GP (I saw her last week). I changed my GP in October as my last GP ignored my pleas to treat me until an on-the-ball haematologist said that peripheral neuropathy can be caused by B12d and I should be treated. Fortunately, I was self treating at that point. But this doc said weekly injections (of course, I am doing it more than that).

All sorts of things are going through my head. I have also seen a neurologist (in Sept) who said I was "normal" (despite loads of neuro symptoms at the time).

I am an experienced nurse and have been utterly disgusted at the way every single doctor at every single turn has been totally useless in diagnosing/helping me get better. I have now been off work for 4 months and not likely to be back for ages and I may loose my job. To say my mental health is suffering is the understatement of the century. I cannot believe I am getting treated this way and their lack of empathy is astounding.

I waiting for a second opinion from another Dr.

I hope you are all doing well and thanks for your support. BG x

• I have tremors also. I have cervical dystonia and my head shakes but also have tremors in my body not related so wondered if it was connected to B12

I hope you get the help you need.

• Hi, I also have a tremor together with B12 deficiency. My tremor has been diagnosed as Essential Tremor by a Neurologist and is not connected to my B12. I would see your GP as Chocolate41 suggests. I hope you get some answers soon. X

• After 5 years of neck pain and 4 years head tremors .I finally got diagnosed with cervical dystonia

You may also like...