leg pains and weird body thermostat

Does anyone else suffer from pains in the thigh muscles and inner thighs? I have burning sensations in my legs worse after exercise but persist at rest. My body thermostat is weird too - cold sometimes then suddenly hot. Feeling quite out of sorts generally.

I wonder if it is something not related to the PA I have. I get B12 jabs monthly at the moment.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Do you have burning sensations in your feet and hands?

I read about a condition called Grierson-Gopalan syndrome which can cause burning sensations, which is sometimes found in people with B12 deficiency.

pernicious-anaemia-society....

• Cold sometimes then suddenly hot and out of sorts generally describes how I felt at the start of the menopause ....... Don't know if that would be appropriate to you?

• I think i am past that age. Weird symtoms keep happening but i see my gp today but not hopeful of help.

• Too old . But very similar symptoms.thanks

• Have you had thyroid tests?

Marz is knowledgeable about thyroid problems, you could search for her posts. the thyroid UK forum on HU is very active, perhaps you could post a question on there.

From what I have read, it is not unusual for thyroid and B12 problems to occur together.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

• I see gp today so will ask but will check out the other issue. Thanks.

• Hard to know but B12 does affect all the systems of the body as I understand it. Often in puzzling ways.

• I also suffer from PA and have these symptoms - although I'm not sure whether its the PA or something else. I do notice that my body temperature is out of control around my the time of the month. Its almost like my body is over sensitive to small changes in temperature. I also get weird internal chills that leave me with goosebumps on my arms and legs.

I also get the burning sensations, normally in the tops of my thighs - these are worse in the morning and gradually ease off during the day.

I have spoken to my GP about this who didn't seem concerned - he recommended I start yoga as it was probably due to stress!

• I expect i will get the same gp response! She put 10 years of stomach troubles and weird symptoms down to stress. Turned out it was full blown PA and only found as i asked for a b12 test. I am past the menopause at my age i would think.

• "I have spoken to my GP about this who didn't seem concerned - he recommended I start yoga as it was probably due to stress!"

"I expect i will get the same gp response!"

Don't be surprised if symptoms get put down to being depressed, being ahypochondriac or that they are psychosomatic.

I despair of some GP comments. A few years ago I taked to one Gp about my inability to exercise dueto lack of strength and stamina and tehya dvised going cycling. I can only dream of riding a bike. Not sure I could cope withyoga either or swimming although I might manage to bob about floating...can#t tolerate average public swimming pool as feel icy cold.

Soph_Bish, I also have more difficulty with temperature around menstruation.

gillsie,

If you type in Grierson - Gopalan syndrome on website below it brings up some info you may find interesting. It does mention that the syndrome can affect legs.

gpnotebook.co.uk

• Interesting...I'm about 5 years post menopause, and have also been on an aromatase inhibitor (hormonal treatment for breast cancer) for about the last 4...so I could indeed be prone to hot flashes. But I always say that I don't get hot flashes, it's just that my internal perception of temperature has no relation external reality. I can be sitting in a 72 degree room, be too cold, and 10 minutes later be too hot.

I also find that my body over-reacts to my efforts to adjust temperature. So for instance if I'm chilly and put on a sweater, I will go straight through warm to too hot, and take the sweater off, and in a few minutes I'm chilly again. There are some nights at dinner where I have put my sweater on and taken it off 2-3 times. Yesterday it was just awful...and I did have a jab today and am feeling better. Never connected it to B12 before, but now I'll start noticing if there's a connection.

You may also like...