Bioplasma Salts - Anyone with experience?

Hello :)

I've been reading so much in trying to ascertain which supplements I really need and came across homeopathic salts and was wondering if anyone here has been using them. For economic reasons I've ended up purchasing Hyland's BioPlasma Salts which contain 12 "essential cell salts".

Does anyone here have a good experience with this brand, or do think it's a bit of a "snake oil" product?

here's a link to the brand I've already purchased:

Unfortunately I've just received an email to tell me they are currently out of stock so I will have to wait a while until I can give them a shot, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear other people's opinions or experience on this type of supplement.

11 Replies

• For anyone that may be interested in this topic but who doesn't want to bother visiting the site to find out what is in these cell salts, here is a list of the ingredients:

Calcarea Fluorica 6X HPUS.

Calcarea Phosphorica 3X HPUS.

Calcarea Sulphurica 3X HPUS: 3 calcium cell salts bring elasticity and circulation to muscle tissue, restore tone and strength, and aid in the removal of waste products from the blood.

Ferrum Phosphoricum 3X HPUS: Provides oxygen to the blood, feeding the nerves, muscles & blood vessels.

Kali Muriaticum 3X HPUS.

Kali Phosphoricum 3X HPUS.

Kali Sulphuricum 3X HPUS 3 potassium cell salts act as 1. Nerve nutrients to aid in breathing and sharpen mental faculties; 2. Oxygen carriers to benefit perspiration and respiration; 3. Blood purifiers aid in the removal of waste products from the blood.

Magnesia Phosphoricum 3X HPUS: Ensures rhythmic movement of the muscles, relieves muscular twitching and cramps.

Natrum Muriaticum 6X HPUS Natrum Phosphoricum 3X HPUS.

Natrum Phosphoricum

Natrum Sulphuricum 3X HPUS: 3 sodium cell salts act as 1. Water distributors to aid nutrition and glandular activity; 2. Acid neutralizers to aid in the assimilation of fats and other nutrients; 3. Eliminators of fluid to aid in perspiration and respiration.

Silicea 6x HPUS: Acts as a cleanser and eliminator, initiating the healing process; Acts as an insulator of the nerves, restoring the activity of the skin

• You missed:

Inactive Ingredients:

Acacia Gum, Lactose N.F.

Ironically, many people here have suggested that acacia and/or lactose (which are present in some thyroid hormone products) are actually the cause of some "side effects".

• Thanks for your input helvella. I'm more interested in the alleged "active ingredients" for discussion, though I am aware that some people have issues with the fillers in a lot of supplements, fortunately I don't.

• Sorry, no experience but does sound like snake oil to me. If you are B12 deficient, probably better to focus finances there.

• Thanks secondchance :) I have the B12 sorted and just been looking to put a few other things into balance. I like the sound of these and they've had extremely good reviews on Amazon but I guess I'll find out if they're snake oil tabkets, lol. I'm very sensitive to changes in my own biochemistry so will let you know if I feel any benefit from them but don't hold your breath! .

• HI Emjay. Throwing in my two pence worth - anything marked homeopathic is at best a waste of money and at worst a conniving exploitation. Time after time homeopathic medicine has been shown to be a con extraordinaire and has no medicinal merit whatsoever. The 'medicine' is dilute to such a degree that it is completely inefficacious. They often use the comparison of 'it works like vaccination - a little of the 'disease' cures the disease' but the dilution used in homeopathic medicines is so ridiculously small you are effectively eating sugar pills. Any effect they are purported to have by users is purely one of placebo.

As for "the essential cell salts", your body gets any salts it needs from your food and most people eat too much salt - no supplementation is needed. So yes, it's snake oil. Save your money for something that works - like genuine vitamins.

• totally disagree here, homeopathy is natural, it works for some and not others, just like chemical stuff works for some and not others, in 1998 I woke one morning to a swollen face and eyelids slits, my face was red and the blood came to the surface, it was hell, it was like it for three weeks, the GP didn tknow what to do, she had not seen anything like it- she tried many things , indesperation I wentto a homeopath, 3 pulsutilla pills and this cleared it up, I always keep an open mind, as we are not clones. and bear in mind the chemicals added in ordinary supps and meds far greater. I no longer rip something apart unless I have proof first or read fromreputable sources. I also buy my sups from the link emjaytee an dthey are a very reputable firm so I shall buy mine there too- thanks for thelinksaves me havingto look up whereto get mine from. x

• Thanks Chancery,I think you may be right!

• hi well I knew about the 12 cells salts years ago an d I have only just thought about buying some myself, look for my post on princess kate and adrenal fatique a few days ago, like last week--- and the guy talking actuallymakes his own, he is affectionally know as the witch dr on facebook, name of tom goyteche.. the llink to princess kate is on the thyroid forum

• Hi Pettals, I did read your post and watch the video, it was very interesting and gave me new hope that I haven't just wasted my money! :)

You may also like...