Pain Concern
23,504 members7,943 posts

CBD oil

This post does not contravene the law where I live so I hope it's all right to post this here.

My GP (General practioner, Dr) is looking at prescribing CBD Oil for me to use for pain.

I'm wondering if others have used it and your comment on whether or not you found it useful. I realise in some countries it is legal to use any of these products but where I live it is pharmacy grade CBD oil. The only brand able to be prescribed is Tilray made I believe in Canada.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Certainly worth a try. I have use this in the past on found that it helped with inflammation on joint pain. I stopped using Straight CBD because I found that the combination with THC taken by Oral or smokable marijuana works much better on fortunate to live in an area where this is the legal. Best of luck

1 like

I agree (sublingual) oil best for ‘someone I know’.

It’s not legal where my friend lives unfortunately, which is a great shame because he has found full-plant extract to be very similar in its action to the benzos he has had for cramps, anxiety, sleep and pain. He assured me that he only takes a small amount under the tongue (is a formula that contains coconut oil to facilitate absorption), which doesn’t get him high at all, just helps with all of the above and is not addictive like those horrible benzos.

Just to clarify it is full-plant (contains THC = illegal in UK) and he has found there to be no comparison with legal CBD oil. Interestingly he has RA and has taken cannabis recreationally in the past with no obvious benefit to his RA, but the extract has worked better than benzos with very few side effects.

🙏🏻

2 likes

I would say it’s depending on the strength of the CBD oil the amount of pain your in etc

I vape it but I don’t find it helps me at all really and I’m on the strongest one.

But a lot of people find it helps and if your getting it free on prescription then I would definitely try it

2 likes

Same here with vaping and minimal, if any, noticeable effects.

Real shame that there hasn’t been more research into the full-spectrum derivatives so that a sufficient evidence base can be built up to justify medical uses in an evidence-based healthcare system like the NHS (let’s ignore their use of homeopathy 🧐).

My ‘friend’ knows for certain that it has helped him, because for example, he’s going through a bad time at the moment and is suffering from insomnia. First night he tried it sublingually he slept for 7 hours straight for the first time in months and woke up still sleepy in a good way (rather than wide awake / still awake at 3am). It also helps with the constant ‘anxious’ feeling in the stomach and the curled up, painful toes that he has had since his spinal issues.

In fact he’s so certain that it helps that he will become a vocal advocate of medical marijuana from now on. Hopefully the UK’s recent (slight but significant) change of stance regarding children with some forms of epilepsy will end up being the change in direction that is required to ultimately allow its use, legally.

He has no idea if it helps directly with RA (more research required), but suspects it will never be a replacement for RA meds, but it definitely helps with some of the effects of RA.

🙏🏻

Yeah if only medical cannabis was available over here a lot of us chronic pain sufferers would be a lot better off and probably not on so many things painkillers. One day though we can hope

4 likes

Yes my friend, finds that it helps with some of the withdrawal symptoms of reducing opiates, and also helps to some extent with pain, even if it is only to make the pain less of a concern (rather than less pain per se).

He suspects that being able to use different strains and methods of administration would make things an order of magnitude more effective, but will have to wait until this type of system is available in the UK (if ever within his lifetime) before he can try out the different strains / products.

Fingers (sort of) crossed.

Hi it changed my life I vape it my friend also uses it and she can’t believe it either. I use CBD oil 500mg and I mix with my vaping eliquid and I’m off most of my meds now. It took a good 3 weeks before I found the right dosage, I hope you find a way to try it. Pips

Hello Lindyloo53, I buy CBD oil from a pharmacy selling alternative remedies. I think it helps a little but am not really sure. It is also very expensive. You are lucky if your doctor can et it for you on prescription. I am on painkillers for my Arachnoiditis and Neurapathic pain so not sure if it is tgevoil or the medication that takes the edge of it. I hope it helps you. x

In the USA some stares legal. In New Jersey medical marijuana is legal with a script from doctor. We have six dispensaries in the state and they make oils, edibles, and also vaping products. My friend has state 4 lung cancer and finds the oils helpful for nausea and to help her sleep. It will be legalized soon for recreational use in nj. Pros and cons on that.

Hi, just wandering if you live in UK?

No I'm in NZ

A few weeks ago a... "friend" of mine discovered that the vape shop she goes to had started selling CBD vape liquid. 3 weeks later, and she's finding that it definitely helps with muscle spasm pain.

Have vaped cbd but didn't find it useful that way

Hi

I was on that it didn't help so now I'm on morphine and it works. Everyone it's different. It might work for u.

Feel better

You may also like...