Pain Concern
22,198 members7,546 posts

Bad back pain

I am in constant pain in the bottom of my back and centre, I've been given Naproxin on prescription, I try not to take them for more than a few months so I've been using paracetamol and ibriprofen, tonight it feels like a mule has kicked me on my back so I've taken 2 paracetamol a half hrs ago but my back is still bad, dose anyone know if it be safe to take a Naproxin now, to manage my pain?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Naproxen does not negatively interact with paracetamol so that shouldn't be a problem. Ibuprofen and Naproxen are both NSAIDs and you should take one or the other. Taking both increases GI bleeding and renal risks.

1 like

You need to take this type of pill with a meal not on its own. I found Naproxin gave me stomach pain but Ibuprofen doesn’t. But every one is different. Also I always take it during or just after a meal as the patient leaflet says to do this.

1 like

you should try Soma pain relief tablets for back ache it really works to reduce the pain without any side-effects.Even i was on soma medication for my severe back ache.But make sure you consult your doctor first.

You sound like me I have same pain doc told me yesterday that it my coccyx that's the problem put me on naproxen 500mg twice a day I'm praying they work

2 likes

They work well,

Hi, I went to my doctor over a year ago about my back, he said it's muscle back pain, I was given Naproxin, I get them every month, I don't like taking them for more than a few months because I had a heart attack and I read that sevier symptoms could cause heart failure, so I try and manage the pain with paracetamol or ibriprofen, my back was so bad it was affecting my breathing, I was catching my breath with pain, just last night the pain was so bad I took 2 paracetamol but a half hrs later I was still in a lot of pain, I wasn't sure if I could take Naproxin at that time, I asked for advice on here, so 1hr later I took the Naproxin, that helped me get a good night's sleep, thanks for your reply

You may also like...