Christmas : This day last year I was told in the... - My Ovacome

My Ovacome
13,313 members15,965 posts

Christmas

Aotters
Aotters

This day last year I was told in the middle of a ward that I had stage 4 cancer and that they could keep me in hospital over Christmas but they would get any treatment until after the new year So I might as well go home and have a good Christmas

I have a son with severe autism with a mental age if 5. My mind was in a whirl. Eventually I got home and did my best to have a good Christmas

This year the hair, eyebrows , and eyelashes have grown back after chemotherapy. I am so looking forward to this Christmas and intend to fully make the most of it I’m so grateful to be with my children

I wish everyone a lovely Christmas and hope all is well with you

Cheers aotter

31 Replies
oldestnewest

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your family , what a beautiful

Picture xJuliaxx

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to Juleswhee

Thank you. I’m so glad you like my photo I was nervous about posting it

Merry Christmas to you

Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful Christmas. xx

Wishing you all the very best. Enjoy your Christmas 🥂

Sheila xxx

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Love the photo. Jo 🌲🌺🌼🌸🌻🌹

Beautiful photo! Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!

xx Gina

You look wonderful!! Great to hear you can enjoy another Christmas. I so sympathise with you learning your news, especially just before Christmas. I think we're traumatised at such times. So pleased you can be with your children, especially with your son with severe Autism.

Happy Christmas, with love,

Solange 😊

So glad that you can enjoy Christmas with a full head of hair!

Mine came back so tightly curled, it took me a while to get it under control and I still surprise myself when I look in the mirror.

You look terribly young to be suffering from Ovarian Cancer.

Please keep us up to date on your progress.

And have a happy Christmas!

Hugs,

Laura

Merry Christmas to you and your family. A beautiful photo, we're all looking forward to a wonderful Christmas before a bit more treatment starts on the 27th.

Best wishes to you, Michelle xx

Beautiful picture! Have a wonderful Christmas with your children x🙏

Sounds like a perfect Christmas xx heres to many more xx

It’s good to be grateful for simple pleasures isn’t it. Keep up the good fight. Enjoy your family time.

Love Cheryl x

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to Cheryl4677

Thank you for your positive words. Wishing you all the best Aotter

Looking gorgeous! Have a wonderful family Christmas. Xxx

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to LittleSan

Thank you. I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas Aotter

Stunning photo 😍. Merry Christmas to you too. Amazing how Christmas focuses us on how far we've come from our diagnosis. Have a happy time with your family. ❤️Xx Jane 🎄

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to Cropcrop

Thank you I’m so pleased to be alive and spending time with my family. I intend to make this Christmas much better than last year Wish you loads of positive events in the coming year Aotter

I also intend on having a great one after being half way through chemo last year x you look amazing by the way x

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to Amandabrown

Thankyou for your kind words and support. Wishing you all the best Aotter

So happy for you! I too was diagnosed last year at this time. I’m still here and you can bet I’m celebrating Christmas!!!!

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to Ravenmuse

Lovely to hear from you. I too am celebrating life and Christmas wish you all the best. aotter

Ravenmuse
Ravenmuse
in reply to Aotters

❤️

Happy Christmas and many more with your family.

Hi Aotter.

It's such a beautiful photo. You sound so full of hope this year after the shock of last year. My wish for you is a lovely Christmas and a New Year that is filled with hope that you get only good news about your condition. Take care.

X X X

💚💕

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to IrishMollyO

Thank you for your lovely kind comments and generous comments. Wish you well for your coming year

Aotter

I hope you feel as good as you look 😀.

Last Xmas I had no hair, eyebrows or eyelashes. I wore a hat at the dinner table as I did not want to be photographed bald. I still had a good but very emotional Xmas day with my family. This Xmas am feeling better after being quite depressed. I have a great head of hair, eyebrows and very long eyelashes 😂😂. I am going to have a great Xmas this year as I’m sure I will be faced with more chemo in January.

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and new year Aotter. Xxxxxx

Dear Aotter . You are a very beautiful person and I’m sure your presence in the family lights up their Christmas !

I wish you all the blessings and happiness .

With festive wishes and love

Denise x

What a gorgeous photo. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. 🌲😊

Happy Christmas!

Beautiful picture A! enjoy all the moments of love, they are the true gifts of Christmas. xx Valerie

Aotters
Aotters
in reply to henrib

Thank you a lovely message

You may also like...