My Ovacome
11,217 members13,609 posts

Good news - results after last chemo

Well, last year was a bit of a long haul, after my debulking op in March I ended up having 11 cycles of chemo instead of the intended 6 - last chemo was on 14th December 2016.

I've had the results of my last scan and CA125 which ended up at 32 and hubby and I were delighted to hear the words 'No Evidence of Disease'. I'm so happy and relieved I'm actually crying typing this.

We have our first trip planned and booked already - going to see the Northern Lights in Norway (hopefully they'll show for us) in February!

29 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations, long may your NED continue. Enjoy your trips, do as many as you can now you have your new normal, life is to be lived. I’ve had my new normal for over 3 years and hope to keep that way for a long time and hope you do too. Big hugs and love ❤️Xx Jane

2 likes

Thank you Jane, I plan to make the most of every minute while I'm NED, I spent much of last year talking about memories of previous trips with my husband and planning new ones for this year - which kept us going and got us through 2017. Wonderful that you've had your new normal for over 3 years, long may that continue.

Much love

Paula xxxx

Congratulations, I've cried tears of happiness along with hubby when I have received such good news. Enjoy! So pleased for you xx Long may you stay NED! xx

1 like

Thank you Kathy, we had tears of happiness and then felt on a real high, we are having a small celebration at the weekend.

Much love

Paula xxxx

1 like

Great idea! So pleased for you xx

1 like

That's fantastic news. You'll slowly improve from any lingering effects of the chemo and doubtless have more and more exciting holidays. Good luck with the Northern Lights, I think you have a good chance of seeing them in Norway.

all the best and celebrate your fantastic news. 🥂

1 like

Thank you Helen, I do have some lingering effects at the moment, but as you say they will improve over time thankfully. I'm really hoping the Northern Lights show for us, we are going with my sister and nephew and they have been before at a similar time of year and saw them, so there is definite hope!

Much love

Paula xxxx

Fingers crossed. I saw them very briefly in Iceland once but it was difficult to be sure. Look forward to seeing a great pic

1 like

Thank you - I'll definitely post a pic if they come out for us xxxx

Fantastic news, and what a wonderful trip to have planned 😊 xxxx

1 like

Thank you Cnmart, it's been on my list to do for a while, I am so looking forward to it.

Much love

Paula xxxx

1 like

What a great start to the New Year. Fantastic. And how quickly you got the results of the scan. Brilliant. Thrilled for you. Chris

2 likes

Thank you Chris, hopefully 2018 will be much different to 2017, we've got so many plans and I'm really excited about starting the New Year like this. I am so thankful and grateful that I've been lucky enough to have some private health care through my husbands work, so everything in terms of results etc., have been readily available. It has helped so much.

Much love

Paula xxxx

I’m a big fan of travel rewards. Have an amazing time and congratulations 🥂

LA xx

2 likes

Thank you Lily Anne. Me too, travel is food for the soul for me and I can't wait to go!

Much love

Paula xxxx

1 like

Great news, enjoy! Xxx

1 like

Thank you Jessica xxxx

Great news and what a way to celebrate. We need to see photos. I believe it's amazing

1 like

Thank you Suzuki, I'll definitely post some photos if we are lucky enough to see them xxxx

Fabulous! Enjoy Norway. Xxx

1 like

Thank you LittleSan xxxx

Brilliant news Paula, makes all those extra chemo sessions worth it! You deserve a holiday, have a great time. jo xxx

1 like

Thank you Jo, yes it definitely all feels worth it now, I can't wait to go xxxx

So happy for you Paula and that trip will be amazing in more ways that one--always wanted to see the Northern Lights-- and now you will see them (they better show!) AND have NED! Enjoy Enjoy and Congratulations! ox Judy

1 like

Thank you Judy, I'm so excited about it, as you say it'll be a double celebration if the lights show as well! xxxx

Wonderful news. Xx

1 like

Thank you Debonair

Fantastic news. So pleased for you. Hope the weather is right for you and you do see the Lights. 😊Xx

1 like

Thank you Solange, fingers crossed for the right weather! xxxx

1 like

You may also like...