Today I once again saw a minion and not the actual oncologist. She had however, spoken to him shortly before seeing me, which I suppose is something. After my last reaction to the paclitaxel that's it. I'll not be having it again and so Plan D is to only do the carboplatin. I said how I wasn't happy about that, especially as she'd just told me that the other cancer, endometrial/uterine was adenocarcinoma , another rare one to accompany the massive clear cell melon. She smiled sweetly and I could almost hear her thinking 'Aw bless. Poor old bat!'.
I feel like they've given up before even really getting started. I understand about the paclitaxel maybe being fatal the next time, so obviously would like to avoid that. And any heart damage. I once again asked about recurrence and once again she said as soon as I have 'symptoms' to let them know. No idea what symptoms and she couldn't tell me. Gah! They clearly only deal with the 'right now' and don't start working on the next plan until something new happens. She seemed pretty certain a 'next time' is going to happen at some stage.
I asked about other drugs I've heard about from yourselves, and she said the paciltaxel/carbo combination are the only drugs 'clinically proven' and that lots of ladies only have the carbo, which does 80% of the work....but what about the OTHER 20% FFS?! Apparently they don't routinely do other drugs, which seems odd to me as it's considered the best oncology unit in the South West.
Meanwhile, next cycle on Friday and to accompany the fizzy feet and blurry eyes and mouth ulcers and nausea and fatigue, I have another delightful UTI (it's only the 6th since my surgery #rollseyes) to keep me entertained and distracted from the dark thoughts.
Have an awesome week. Onward and Upward I say!