Hi, I posted a little while ago about my mom Norma, who had her CA-125 jump up to over 1,000 (from 97 six weeks prior). She had a CT scan last week, and while it isn't good news, it's less scary than I thought.
The scan found one enlarged lymph node somewhere in the chest, as well as a tiny bit of fluid in her abdomen. The doctor said it's possibly a recurrence, but they'll need a little bit more info to prove that. They plan to do a biopsy of the lymph node, and possibly another scan in 8 weeks. So she's in a "watch and wait" mode I guess. My mom has no symptoms whatsoever right now.
I have been worrying 24/7 before getting the results, so although the scan wasn't clear, I'm also relieved that there was no definitive masses or anything like that, or any fluid in her lungs, which is how the disease presented itself originally.
Her doctor said if/when there's a recurrence she'll treat her with Carboplatin/Gemzar and Avastin. Has anyone had this particular combo for a 2nd line treatment? It seems uncommon compared to using Carbo/Caelyx or Carbo/Taxol.