Night Sweats

Hi folks

Just wondered if anyone suffers from really bad night sweats. I don't think it's anything to do with the menopause as that shipped sailed a good while ago. One thing I do find strange is after my surgery (2yrs ago) I had quite a long time when I didn't have any but they came back and seem to be getting worse. My poor husband has to put up with the window wide open and a summer duvet even if it's sub zero temperature outside and even then it's like someone's thrown water over me. I say night sweats but I can also have episodes in the day only not as bad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

It wont stop them but have you considered a Chillow Pillow (I'm always recommending this and I am sure people think I have shares!) but it really is a godsend. I hope they diminish soon - nothing worse.

Kathy xxx

• Thanks Kathy I have heard of these before will give it a go xx

• Night sweats horrendous !!!

Surgical menopause 3 months ago . I've tried everything to try to reduce them .

List as follows 😂

Chillo pillow ok but gets warm .

Cool as cucumber pillows from Argos

Pure cotton bedding

Fan

Lady magnet rubbish !

Drinking 3 litres of water a day although I'm on chemo at the minute

Cotton pj thrown off half way through the night

Sleeping on a towel !

Acupunture which has reduced the intensity in the day but not night .

I can't have any supplements due to chemo .

I find if the windows are open my sweats are worse because I get really cold hense have more intense heat .

I have my heating on low room temperature and this works for me I just put my fan on .

Does it feel like torture for you ? I'm having about 15 sweats in the day and around 4-5 at night !!!

If you find a magic potion be sure to let me know . Good luck xx

• I would speak to the GP, night sweats can be related to blood pressure, diabetes and thyroid, so worth checking out.

LA xx

• If you're sure it can't be the menopause and If you have any other symptoms it may be worth checking with your CNS as I had bad night sweats while I was waiting for my confirmed diagnosis before starting treatment which went away once treatment started. I remember someone on this forum (Trix I think) said that night sweats indicated to her she was recurring.

I don't suppose it is but worth checking and / or with your GP.

All the best!

• Hi Sue

Have you looked into the duvets where they are different TOGs each side. Not used one myself as did not have any symptoms with the menopause but seems like a good idea for you and hubby.

Fay

• I have been getting sweats again and wondered why my ship also sailed a while ago. I have my surgeon next Thursday and that's one of the questions I will be asking. I get them any time, my sister in law thought it wasn't happening then Sunday I had one and she said you're face and neck where bright red.

Hugs Ellsey xx

• Hi Ellsey

Yes I'm going to ask the consultant at my next appt please let me know what they say and we can compare notes

Luv Sue x

• Certainly will

Hugs Ellsey xx

• Hi Susue,

I agree with January 2016. I had passed through the menopause and night sweats were long gone. Then I had 3 months of severe night sweats-everything very wet, even hair at nape of neck was soaking. Much much worse than menopausal ones I used to get . I was diagnosed with OC just after that-a large tumour. I believe cancer can cause these extreme night sweats. After surgery they stopped ,as though a switch was pressed. I still get mild hot flushes at night which wake me especially if the room is warm but it is completely different from the extreme sweats I have described. I sweat a little but am not soaking wet as before. I do not wish to worry you and it may be nothing but I felt I should reply as if I ever get those sweats again I will be going straight in to get checked. Might be wise to get looked at and CA 125 checked. I do hope it is nothing but not something to ignore. Your Onc will take it from there. All the best. Let us know how you get on.

Angel-teal xxxxx

• Thanks Angel-Teal I'm at the hospital on the 14th February although I have mentioned it before but they only seem interested in any problems with bowel or bladder and when I asked why they always ask that they said that's the most likely place it would spread. I always check what my CA125 is and it was ok last time will let you know how I get on

Luv Sue xx

You may also like...