Wishing you all the very best

wishing you all a very happy Christmas or whatever you celebrate and a joyful , healthy and peaceful New Year. Unfortunately the clinical trial I was on at the Christie has been stopped as I had a bit of an allergic reaction and a CT scan result this week showed considerable cancer growth so I was very disappointed. However there is another trial of a new targeted chemo drug starting in January which I have signed up for and hoping to be well enough to go on a cruise to Dubai on 3rd Jan. Really looking forward to having the family here tomorrow and seeing my granddaughter Lily open her presents.

love and hugs Francesca xxx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Im sorry that the last trial was not successful for you, but hopefully, the next one will offer better results. Enjoy your family time tomorrow, Christmas is definitely a magical time if you have young children around, and they grow up so quickly.

I do hope you are able to go on your cruise in the new year. Its good to put this disease on the back burner for a while and be "normal" for a while. Whatever you do though, enjoy the festivities with your family. I have my parents and the in-laws for the day, and will no doubt be run ragged at some point by my 10 grandchildren, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

Love to all. Ali xx

• thank you and a very happy christmas to you and yours Ali xxx

• Hi FrancescaHannah

Happy Christmas. Enjoy your trip to Dubai. You'll be travelling out on my birthday.

We seem to be in a parallel universe. I never got on to my trial for PARP inhibitors at the Marsden as my CA125 rocketed up as soon as I stopped treatment. My clinician also recommended two alternative trials and I'm thinking about what's best.

I'm also jetting off for a holiday - in Rome - we leave tomorrow afternoon and will come home on New Year's Day.

Make the most of every moment! xxx

Sending loads of love xx Annie

• dear Annie, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Rome and happy birthday for the 3rd. I'm feeling pretty anxious about going to Dubai at the moment as can't get insurance for the cancer now but I still feel OK and doctors been OK about it. I'll let you know how it goes and good luck with your treatment too

love Francesca x

• Lovely to see so many ladies travelling , in middle of secondline so tied to home a lot , love seeing the trips people are taking when they are well..v inspiring! Hope they are very special and enjoy every minute of good health ,

• thanks Susan, I have secondaries on my liver now and unless the trial drug helps its not looking great so I think i need to grab this chance but still feel quite anxious about it xx

You may also like...