Managed to get on a trial !

At last after a few months of being informed of new trials then not to meet the criteria I was getting a little down hearted. Then along comes another - yes I meet the criteria but I needed to have a little more measurable disease ( can you imagine hoping that your cancer grows a little 😧). Anyway it has grown a little since my last scan in March so thumbs up. Pending some more tests I will be starting the Octova trial within a couple of weeks😀😀. I just hope I am on the newer drug as it is a three arm trial .

Has anyone else started on this trial? I know it is very new.

Carolyn 🐶

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Carolyn, it seems very hard to fit their criteria I am so pleased you have been able to. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I can't say I have heard of this trial but let's hope they give you the 3 armed one & kick this cancer right up the pants. Good luck keep us up dated take care Cindyxx

• Thank you 😀

• Hi Carolyn - good to hear this. I have been offered two trials recently and Octova is my choice too. I was particularly pleased that it might allow access to the PARP inhibitor olaparib. This is approved for funding in Scotland for platinum sensitive people. I was terribly disappointed when that made it impossible for me. As you say though, let's just hope we get on the right arm! All the best Caroline x

• Hi Carolyn,

I'm not familiar with that trial, but I just wanted to let you know I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way........JudyV

You may also like...