Back again

Hi everyone.

I always read the questions and answers on this website and have found some great comments on here. I was diagnosed with OC back in Jan 12. After having a complete hysterectomy I had the first line of chemo Carboplatin. Everything went well and I had 15 months of remission. Back in Nov 13 I was told there was a recurrence of the disease which was now in the peritoneum. I had 2nd line chemo carbo/taxol which finished in Mar 14. Everything seemed fine until I went back to see the Onc in Aug 14 and she told me that my CA125 had risen. I went back to see her yesterday for the results of the CT scan and there is another recurrence now in my liver. I start my 3rd line of chemo next Fri 26th Sept which will be Caelyx. I am a very positive person but sometimes it is hard to stay focused and I am struggling at the moment coming to terms with another round of chemo.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Many thanks Sue xx

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • What a bummer for you Sue ..no profound words of wisdom from me today as I think me chemo brain activated in tesco and the homemade chicken kebabs I was going to make turned into a salad pitta with cold meat as I forgot to get the chicken!!! I've had Caelyx but with cisplatin and I think the side effects were more platin than Caelyx ..they say it's a slow burner and results are not shown right away so don't lose heart if count doesn't drop right away, have your moment of "can I do this again" then let it go and believe yes actually you can bloody well do this again. Sometimes I think it's the thought of the start of it then once it's happening ..YES kick the butt of OC!!!! You can do it!!

All the best hope this has helped a bit.

Xx

• Thank you for your reply. I think its true what you say once the treatment starts it becomes easier to deal with. Roll on next Friday.

Sue xx

• Hi Sue

This business is such an unpredictable journey. I am currently mid point on 3rd line chemo and CT scan next week. So far I have had carbo/ taxel, avastin, debulking surgery in Jan 14, followed by caelyx and now Topotecan. My disease is platinum resistant so was not offered carbo/ taxel again. No one has used the word 'remission' for my case, but tell me that it will be treated as a chronic disease and there are several treatment options. I am also exploring clinical trials at the Royal Marsden. In spite of the inconvenience of so many hospital appointments I am feeling very well and just got back from a short holiday cycling on the kennet and avon canal. Delightful.

Don't get discouraged and enjoy time in between treatments as much as you can. Wishing you the very best.

Maureen

• Thank you Maureen for your reply. It is nice to know that there are other people out there going through the same as you. Sometimes this can be a very lonely disease.

Wishing you all the best with your fight also hope all goes well with the rest of your treatment.

Sue xx

• I agree its a bummer having treatment, I finished my third line in Feb had Gemzar and Avastin and was left on Avastin. It is easy to get discouraged but it is also normal to feel down with a continuous illness. I was told that last week during a session with a counsellor. I had said, my life revolves around clinic, avastin and ct scan and its the worst thing in the world to have your name called in these places. I know I am lucky to have Avastin as it is not readily available in Uk or Scotland. But I am trying to off shoot this feeling by going back to walking and taking a short holiday next week. We are entitled to down days but we must treat ourselves too when we are able

• Thank you for reply Suzuki. I will be back on track after I start the chemo again on Fri. Its the waiting that takes its toll. Best wishes to you in your battle xx

• Best of luck with your chemo. Keep positive and keep going wishing you all the best.

Love Jenny xxx

• Thank you Jenny. Thank you for your reply I will be fine once I start the treatment on Fri it's just the hanging about that gets me down.

I have just read your post on the website. I would like to say how courageous you are making the decision that you have made. Enjoy every moment of your life. Best wishes for the future take care.

Sue xx

• Hi Sue. Just want to wish you well with your treatment. Stay positive and keep fighting. #Warriors. Ann xo

• Thanks for your reply Ann I will keep as positive as I can.

You may also like...