Sarah 1963

I am sorry to tell you all that my darling wife Sarah passed away on Wednesday June 4th aged 50. It was a peaceful end at home with myself and our sons , Matthew and Jolyon , by her side . She fought so hard for over six and a half years and faced it all with great dignity and courage and a wonderful sense of humour . Sarah would want me to pass on her love and hope to you all , especially the good friends she made on our many trips from Norfolk to the Royal Marsden . I won't be coming on this site again , but you all make such a difference by helping each other . Keep it up ladies . Sincerest thanks , Gary .

Last edited by

35 Replies

• Dear Gary, Matthew and Jolyon

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and send you my condolences. Sarah was a valued member of this site and offered reassurance to others. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Millie

• Thank you for letting us know of your very sad loss.

We will be thinking of you all in the future.

• Dear Gary,

I am so very sorry for the loss of our dear friend Sarah, she was such a lovely support and friend on this forum. Thank you so much for letting us know this must have been a very difficult thing for you to do.

Thinking of you Matthew and Jolyon with love x G x

• Dear Gary, Matthew and Jolyon

I'm so sad to hear of Sarah's death. She seemed so upbeat even very recently. I considered a great friend. One who inspired and comforted many of us who used this site.

Sending heartfelt condolences to you all.

x Annie

• Dear Gary,

We are so sorry to hear Sarah has passed. Nothing can be said but you have our deepest sympathy, love to you and your sons.

Jenny xxx

• I'm so sad to hear this news, you are all in my thoughts. X

• So very sorry to hear such sad news, Sarah was such a lovely and your boys are in my thoughts.

Love Kaz xx

• Dear Gary,

I am so sad to hear this news, Sarah was a valued member of our site and a great support, My deepest sympathy to you and your boys

Jan x

• I'm so sorry to read your news, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family

Dawn x

• Dear Gary , i am so sad to hear your very sad news, Sarah was a wonderful lady who seemed to live life to the full. What a horrible disease this is.

With love to you and your sons ,

Hilary xx

• So sorry to read this. Sarah was a lovely, compassionate and wise lady. My thoughts are with you. Vxxx

• Dear Gary ,

I am so very sorry to hear that Sarah has passed away .

Thinking about you and your family very much indeed .

I met up with Sarah back in 2012 at the Big C with some other ladies for a coffee and natter .

Sarah was such a wonderful support to so many here on Ovacome .

Love Jan xxx

• Dear Gary,

Thank you for letting us know.

My thoughts are with you, Matthew and Jolyon.

Zannah x

• So very sorry to hear this news, Gary. Sarah was indeed a brave, spirited lady. Pass on my sympathies to Matthew and Jolyon. So hard for you all at this time, but Sarah's love will keep shining through.

Love Wendy xx

• Gary.

I'm so sorry , to hear this sad news , best wishes to you and your family , dy xx

• Will be thinking and praying for you and your family Gary at this difficult time.

Dee xx

• Really sad news.So

• So very sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to you and your sons.

Love Mary xx

• I was so sad to read this it was only a few days ago I asked jan if she had heard anything about Sarah as I wondered how she was doing. She was a very brave and inspirational lady never giving up and travelling miles to stay alive for you all. I will miss her post and brilliant sense of humor. I met her also back in 2012 but sadly we did not meet up after that. Good luck to you all. I am in a similar situation and am in a hospice hoping to go back home to spend time with my young sons before the inevitable takes me too. Luck to you all Jackie xxx

• Dear Jackie, I do hope you will be home soon to spend valuable time with your sons.You know one day we are all going to be in this situation, I dont know about you but I really believe in an afterlife and have had many experiences that are unexplained to make me believe this, I have no fear of death its only sadness at leaving my family, even knowing one day we will be together again in a better place. This world has many beautiful things and lovely people but it is also a very cruel place children and animals suffering etc. Dont mean to harp on and I want to wish you many more months of happiness with your family.

Much Love Jenny xxxxx

• Oh Jackie, it is so sad and I'm so sorry that you're in this situation. I hope you can go home soon, my boys are around the same age as yours and my heart aches for you. Thinking of you.

Love Kaz xx

• I'm so sorry to read you're in a hospice, Jackie. I've always admired your courage and determination to have fun with your Boys and make happy memories. May you soon be able to be back home with them.

with love, Solange

• Just read this, Jackie. Love and hugs to you, I'll keep you in my prayers and hope, hope, hope you get home for some precious time with your boys. Vxxx

• Sending my very deepest sympathy to you all on the loss of your very special wife and mum.

God bless

• What painfully sad news, my sincerest condolences. I am almost the same age and also have 2 boys - you have my deepest sympathies. - Nicola

• My thoughts are with you and your family

May you draw strength in the future from the courage she obviously had

• Heartfelt condolences to you and your sons. Take comfort in the knowledge that you were with Sarah every step of the way. God bless uh you all. Ann xo

• Sorry to hear of Sarahs passing and my thoughts are with you and your family. Laurence

• I was so very very sorry to hear this but thank you for posting- Sarah's generous and beautiful personality shone through her posts. Thinking of you, your sons and all whom she loved at this sad time, with love Sarah x

• Very sad news. Sending deepest condolences to all her family and friends. In time hope you can find comfort in remembering the good times.

Lynne xxxx

• Sending love and prayers m x

• So sorry to read your post, thinking of you all.

Annette xxx

• So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your boys. Gill xx

• I'm so sad to read belatedly of Sarah's death, Gary, such a tragedy in one who was only 50. I send my sincere condolences to you, Matthew and Jolyon.

With love, Solange

• Dear Gary

Just heard the news of Sarah and am deeply saddened. We went through such a lot together at the Marsden.

You and the boys , her home and your dog were her world. She was a brave lady and always so positive.

With much love you and those wonderful boys

David and Suex

You may also like...