Bitter Sweet! Help please!

Hi folks, to all of you undergoing treatment & in recovery; may you be well, may you be free from suffering & may you live with ease.

I have been symptomatic recently so a ct scan was scheduled & a 4cm mass found on my Caecum (attaches ascending colon to small intestine). I was scheduled for an investigative colonoscopy (which happened today) to take a peak & do a biopsy. But to my delight & mystification I was told by the gastroenterologist that I had the healthiest bowel he had seen that day with NED.

So ladies I wonder if anybody else has had a similar experience with ct scans & related reports. I would love to hear your experiences. I now understand the MDF (multi disciplinary team) will review the findings and get back to me. I hope a second opinion on the scan is sourced. I dont know if the mass existed at all or if it is located elsewhere?

Delighted to have a healthy bowel yet still mystified!

Best regards & Namaste

Chickpea

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is one mystery but if the gastro couldnt find anything today that is a good sign. Hopefully the MDT will review the findings again and get back to you with a positive outcome. I know they showed me every crevice going up and I was told the same although it was my gp who ordered it because I had blood which ended up to be piles. I think I also had eaten beetroot day before going to gp, not a good idea really. But I was also delighted to get a clear result apart from the piles which were sorted on the day. Possibly one of those things hopefully,

• Thanks Joan. Lots of good news, I agree. Hopefully there is a simple explanation! I hope dexa scan went ok & that pain manageable.

Best Chickpea x

• Yes one of the two machines out of order but what is new in the HSE I did ask the radiologist if the left side was compromised and she said a bit I explained my predicament so she said it is osteopenia ie the precursor of osteoporosis. My gp will have the report in two weeks. But at least I can tell the physio that there is a problem there. A bit sore after treatment and traction yesterday but that is the norm, Hope you are recovering and had something to eat since you got home. Mind yourself

• Hi there. Your good news is wonderful . Long may it continue. Not alone were you just ok but with the healthiest bowel ! That is pure bliss. I wish you a long NED. Take care

XXX

• Great news Chickpea. Enjoy those results. M

You may also like...