2,308 members605 posts

How to identify the right CBT practitioner/psychotherapist to help my son on a one-to-one basis

Hi there, can anyone out there advise me on how to go about identifying the right CBT practitioner/psychotherapist to help my anxious, depressed and acutely OCD son on a one-to-one basis?

He's been to the GP, had the referral to the mental health team (been assessed, referred, assessed and medicated umpteen times). He now has a date (11 days time) for weekly CBT to commence. Unfortunately, this is a group setting and he is very unsettled by this idea. He needs to be on a one-to-one. How do I find someone?

Thank you.

Desperate Mum of OCD 22 year old son.

2 Replies

I had this issue and phone local talking therapy service and explained can't face group session my ocd so crippling I could not face a group I am currently going through it all again after recent relapse.

Good luck



Hi I take my son to the Lanc centre there is one in Horsham and one in London, this is a private one to one session, google it and take a look!


You may also like...