Hello - I’m new here!: Hi I’m Jules - I have RA and... - NRAS

NRAS
26,486 members30,390 posts

Hello - I’m new here!

Juleskb
Juleskb
11 Replies

Hi I’m Jules - I have RA and atrial fibrillation (had cardiac ablation but AF returned infrequently). Any health tips would be appreciated.

11 Replies
oldestnewest
JFlay

Hi, just saying hello ☺️

What kind of 'health tips' are you thinking of?

1 like
Juleskb
Juleskb
in reply to JFlay

Thanks for your message. It’s good to know what works for others with RA in case I think it’s worth a go.

2 likes
Mmrr

Hello and Welcome. What meds are you on Juleskb ?

1 like
Juleskb
Juleskb
in reply to Mmrr

I’m on methotrexate 12.5 mg via injection. Also hydroxychloroquine and sulphasalazine.

Mmrr
Mmrr
in reply to Juleskb

I found drinking lots of water was essential to feeling well when on MTX and I do mean a lot, 3/4 L day. Eating well is beneficial too.

1 like
Juleskb
Juleskb
in reply to Mmrr

Thank you - I do drink loads of water - even more during this horrendous humidity!

2 likes
stbernhard

Health tips? Just the general my friend: A healthy diet with lots of veg and regular exercise that is suitable to your condition. Good luck and hang on in there.

2 likes
Juleskb
Juleskb
in reply to stbernhard

Thank you - I try my best but sometimes good intentions go by the wayside particularly during a flare!

1 like
stbernhard

That is very normal. You have to listen to your body, it will tell you how much you should and can do. When I flare I just do a little at the time, but many times a day, instead of the usual two or thee times a day. I always rest a little after even just light exercise. I always find five minutes somewhere. I wish you good luck.

2 likes
Juleskb
Juleskb
in reply to stbernhard

Thanks - sometimes I’m so wiped out that even the “best intentions” so by the wayside!

1 like
Pulfs

Hello and welcome. Best tip is to listen to your body and pace yourself. If feeling fatigued rest and don't overdo things. I was diagnosed 25yrs ago and still have to remind myself not to rush rounding a mad woman when ok cos this then wipes me out for days. I am on methotrexate and hydrochloquine plus 6mth biological retuximab. Xx

1 like

You may also like...