NRAS
23,381 members27,237 posts

where are you all from?

any one from ireland on here?

131 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi love .born in Anfield liverpool . Live in north Wales now.

2 likes

Oh wow, I'm from Orrell Park but I live in Hull now. Nice to meet another red, YNWA x

3 likes

Nice to meet you lovely.

Love your name

Take care xxkathyxx

1 like

I’m from Hull but live in London now. Family still live there so visit often x

1 like

YNWA. Was there two weeks ago

3 likes

Hi love .

Where ? Anfield or north wales xx

Anfield. I put a post on here with my photo outside the kop end.

Yes did see it sorry . .i did text you.sorry pain brain at moment. You are so lucky . Love our team love the place .xxkathyxx

1 like

I’m from Birkdale in Southport.

Born and bred SOUTHPORT

2 likes

West mids xx

2 likes

Born and bred in OZ :)

2 likes

Born in Bulnley, 40yrs in Blackpool, now in Kent.

2 likes

Vancouver Canada here.

5 likes

I was born in Ely Cambridgeshire,but live in Bulkington Warwickshire.xxxx

2 likes

I was born in Cambridgeshire and have lived in South America and Africa until recently but now in sunny Devon

3 likes

Where abouts darling i was wondering if our paths have crossed over the years darling.xxxx

Northern California. Not in the fires but close enough for bad smoke. SF Bay Area.

2 likes

Ooh visited San Fran in '94 as well as Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I was based in San Ramon.

3 likes

Hey that’s cool.

Glad to hear you’re OK, those fires sound horrendous :(

5 likes

Thank you YanniBaci. It’s pretty bad here. Not a lot of containment and multiple fires. Air quality very bad. Many deaths. 😓

Glad to hear you're safe from those terrible wildfires.

3 likes

Thank you Wishbone.

1 like

Bless you so glad your safe x

1 like

Thank you Keeta.

1 like

Keep safe & well. Hope the fires are drying out now ?? 👍👍😘

2 likes

Thank you Maryann99. The air is quite bad

There’s a lot of the wrong kind of wind which really fuels the horribly dry wood and foliage. We are just hoping for rain and a change of wind. Too much drought for too long.

Born in Sussex now living in Jersey, Channel Islands.

3 likes

Suffolk UK

3 likes

I'm a very proud North Yorkshire (never ever to be mistaken or bunched in with east, south or west) lass born, raised and stayed. Managed to get my southern hubby (West London) to move north before I married him.

3 likes

I am from the north of Ireland.

3 likes

Me too

2 likes

Grew up be Fourth but co Down since '65

Bournemouth!!!

A little place called Paddock Wood in Kent x

3 likes

My late brother lived there once

2 likes

Lincolnshire

3 likes

Me too, but only moved back in the last 3 years via Durham (university), Australia and Oxfordshire!

3 likes

Wasn't going to bore you with this one but decided I will after consultation.

In early 1996 was single and working as a sales and purchasing manager for a small ish company.

Had a call from a telesales person with a proper choclatey voice.

By 1997 we had still not met face to face but an engagement ring had been posted, Yup posted. We knew the date of our wedding, the location and where in the country we would live.

In July 1997 we met for the first time and got married in 2000 on an elephant.

Just keep an open mind you never know when lightening will strike.

11 likes

Lovely story. Thank you so much for sharing

2 likes

Lovely story thanks for posting xkathyxx

2 likes

Wow, that is some love story. Fab!

Hi Annie i live in Chelsea London x

2 likes

Originally from Whitehaven Cumbria but live In Scotland since 1980

2 likes

I’m a born and bred Monkey Hanger...do you know where I’m from? 😊

1 like

Not a clue, sorry. Where is that please?

2 likes

Hartlepool, north east England.

3 likes

I should've guessed as I have heard of H'angus

1 like

Is that Hartlepool? I’m sure I’ve heard a story about about Hartlepool and monkeys...🤔

3 likes

It is Hartlepool Soreknees2016 😊

historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/H...

3 likes

???🤣

1 like

Yes I do, but only from watching Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday!

3 likes

😂🤣😃😅x

1 like

Hi, I'm from West London

2 likes

I live nr King's Lynn Norfolk born NW London

2 likes

I'm a child of the Universe, but residing in South Wales for now.

4 likes

Hiya! I am in Dublin

4 likes

Hi Annie, yes I'm Irish and living in Adare, Co Limerick.

Glad you like me found this site because it's so knowledgeable, supportive and helpful. But I'm continually amazed and disappointed how poor and third world our medical system seems to be compared to the UK

I've to see a Rheumy privately as I'd have had to wait 2 years otherwise. I've never seen a nurse, occupational therapist or other supports services and no such thing as DAS scores. But thankfully I'm lucky and happy with my Rheumy. Maeve

3 likes

Hi xx

2 likes

Whereabouts are you from yourself Annie?

1 like

South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😊

2 likes

Made in South London, born in Ashford Kent and came to West Yorkshire the pretty way.

1 like

That's almost my life backwards. I am of West Yorkshire stock, born in Maidstone and now live in South London. ✊

2 likes

Small world? I deny that either of us is backward tho'!

2 likes

Born and brought up in Glasgow, got married and lived in Edinburgh for 22 years, now living just outside Glasgow.

2 likes

My husbands family are from maryhill xxkatgyxx

2 likes

Such a smalll world - my neice is Surrey born and bred but her fiance's mother came from Maryhill! I used to know that area quite well many years ago, but not at all now - everywhere changes! x

2 likes

Yes it does. But most of them still live in the same area.

You are right everywhere dies change xxkathyxx

1 like

Wimbledon, London

2 likes

Born in Kendal, lived in Birmingham for the last forty years!

2 likes

I'm from down south - Southampton - a Hampshire hog - born and bred. My hubby however is from Rugeley in Staffordshire. Met as penfriend xxxx

4 likes

I am from east Lothian live near Edinburgh. Born in Edinburgh lived in Ayrshire for 20 years and then came back to east Lothian.

2 likes

Born in Croydon, Surrey, lived in Norwich for last 18years, have been splitting my time between here and France for last 4years, gotta love that sun for making me feel better but now made the decision to move back permanently to Norfolk as health has declined and missing my kids out weighed Sunny France and I wanted to back before grandchildren came along. A few days after finally making the decision I found out I’m going to be a Nana 😍

4 likes

You can still visit la Belle France, though. Many congratulations on your imminent grandchild. Being a granny is great!

2 likes

So agree xx 13 and 3 great grandsons xx

2 likes

Flip! You're one grandchild ahead and I've no "greats" ... yet. All but one of mine are 12 and under. Being a blended family brings love and aggro in equal measure it seems x

1 like

Ha ha love it.x mine are aged from 5-30 and greats are 2-4&6 xxkathyxx

Lots of fun xx

2 likes

Thanks for such an entertaining thread. We RDers get everywhere don't we? Hugs

J

3 likes

I agree with Gnarli xxthanks kathyxx

1 like

I live & work in Salem Massachusetts which is home to "Haunted Happenings" which takes place the WHOLE month of October. It is over the top crazy here. We don't venture downtown to go out to eat or anything else during October. I like it but glad it's over.

Glad I found this site. Even though I don't post often, it has been very helpful. Everyone is so nice.

4 likes

Depends. If you are interested in the "witchey" & halloween stuff, come in October. The last weekend in October is the craziest and obviously some love it then. Many dress up in costumes, there are street vendors and the other great parts of Salem are open too (such as the Peabody Essex Museum). If you don't want so much craziness come an earlier weekend in the month. It would be fun then too. If you decide to come to Salem, hope you have a great time.

1 like

Hi born Hayes middx now live in Woodley Berkshire near Reading......

2 likes

Wow. Another coincidence. I lived in Cartmel Drive

1 like

When we're you there? I was on Southlake now on the airfield...

1 like

Ages ago in '84 to '86. I remember the airfield being built. Blimey but I'm old

1 like

I was on Southlake from 72 to 84

Airfield from 84 and still there.

2 likes

Lucky you, being able to stay put. Or last move was my 16th

1 like

😲

2 likes

😏

1 like

Born in Falkirk, brought up in Greenhill, now live in Glenrothes in Fife. Scotland

1 like

Aberdeen, NE Scotland

3 likes

Hi PloddingQuine, I’m fae Buckie x

3 likes

Hi NanaFifi.

I was close up your way last week on our way to Brodie to do the 10k there X

2 likes

The granite city. Been there a few times too

1 like

Warrington. Cheshire.

1 like

I’m from Buckie, a small town on the Moray coast in Bonny Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 like

I know Buckie😃. Been there a few times when visiting Scotland. Do you know Colin Shepherd? Owns the dental lab.

I think I know who you mean, dental lab on Land Street?

Yup. That’s the one. Buckie is a small town, so guessed you might know it. And I get regular updates from graham there about Buckie thistle😂

1 like

I'm from Elgin just along the coast from Buckie

1 like

Been there too, on my wat to Nairn

Hi Annie

I am from Dublin. Love ❤️ this group. It was the only thhing that got me through when I was diognosed 2.5years ago. Everything I now know about RA I have learnt from this group. I also have to go private with consultant and have never been linked in to any other supports, on a positive note consultant can make the decision to put you biologics if they think it is required. I found when I posted on Irish support group I never got any response or support. With this group I had replies with lots of support and helpful advice almost immediatly so A big thank you to all on this group.

4 likes

Xx

Hi granniek im from n ireland hope ur well im on biologics nice to meet u this is good support group x

Across the water, Anglesey xxxx

1 like

Hi annie I'm from newcastle upon tyne.

1 like

Hi Annie, I'm from Ashford in Kent, small world. :)

1 like

Hi I’m from Glasgow but living in Fife 😁

1 like

Small village just outside of Harrogate in North Yorkshire

1 like

I’m from a small town in Hertfordshire called Letchworth Garden City. Which was the worlds first garden city.😃

If anyone has seen the film ‘Worlds end’ with Simon Pegg, that’s where it was filmed.

2 likes

Sounds lovely xx

1 like

Hi I’m from Scotland near St Andrews home of golf not that I play.

3 likes

I do. Want a lodger for a week? 😉😂

2 likes

Know St Andrews well. Down at least twice a year to take part in races on the sands.

Just north of Seattle, wish I wasn't

My son lives in B'ham. It is still okay.

2 likes

Hi, Annie. I have an Ancestor from Ireland. Paternal grandmother. And I stayed in Killarney for four days many years ago, but I’m in the US. I loved Ireland.

1 like

Born in Germany, moved to London, then 2 years later to West Sussex and 17 years later I have moved back to Germany last year...

Chatswood, Sydney, Australia. My fathers ancestors from Middlesex area - Stepney, Holloway plus Mile End. He left Walthamstow beginning of ww2 and ended up in Aus. Mothers ancestors from Cornwell 5 or 6 generations ago.

Hampsire - UK

Born and bred in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, now near Horsham, West Sussex

Cheltenham .went to races there nice place .hard to find accommodation when racing is on lovely place Cheltenham.

Umm, having been bought up there I have seen so many changes and not necessarily for the best, I go back occasionally as my mum now lives back there. I really need to go back to some of the old haunts and revisit.

Funnily enough, I have never been to the races there, when its Gold Cup week the town is a nightmare, so busy and there is no point in trying to drive anywhere within the town, its chaos !

1 like

Yeh you are right realy busy .loveley place go back soon

1 like

That’s where son and daughter in law live with my two granddaughters 😃

1 like

Bonny Scotland

Born & grew up in Co. Down, live now in Warwickshire.

I am from Colorado USA

Glasgow, Scotland

I’m from South Africa

hi, think i replied to this already - where are you from and where now?

You may also like...