I’ve been away from this site for quite some time. This forum was my lifeline when I was first diagnosed and I will be eternally grateful for it.
For the past two years I have been doing really well. I started out anti CCP positive with bone erosions. I have since been able to do everything pre RA and this includes sport.
I have gradually stretched my Orencia Infusions to every 6 weeks instead of 4. I also take 7.5 mg MTX. I have never needed to use NSAIDS or prednisone for over two years and no pain pills to speak of.
I am considering stopping my Biologic and continue on MTX (10mg)
Have any of you tried to come off Biologics and if so would you be kind enough to answer these questions:
1. If you had to restart your Biologic did it still work or did you have to try another?
2. Was it necessary to increase your dose of MTX considerably?
3. Did you flare horribly? What was it like. Did you continue to get morning stiffness?
4. How long before you had to go back on meds?
5. Were you able to get back to remission and did it take longer than the first time?
As of now I have no symptoms and I don’t have any side effects from my medication. It would be so nice to hear from anyone who tried to go off their Biologic and what that experience was like. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.