Extra lansoprasole

Hi everyone. Been on lansoprosole 30mg for about a week now and it seems to be working. I take it last thing at night (usually as late as possible, ie about 11pm and it lasts until about 5/6am after which the acid starts to give me heartburn again, and with it the slight feeling of nausea , which isn't very pleasant. My real problem is the feeling of reflux and the associated nausea during the day. I wonder if I could take the 30mg at night and perhaps 15mg first thing in the morning. I don't want to do this unless someone has experienced this problem and gone down this route. If not I will obviously queue up to see my GP! Thanks

Roger

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was told to take my lansoprazole in the morning at least half an hour before eating and that works for me.

• The consultant told me last week that it will not work unless taken on an empty stomach one hour before food. Neither should you have any dairy for an hour

• My problem was during the night, obviously because of the angle of one's body in bed (although i'm raised on pillows and have two bricks to angle the bed! ) so taking in the morning would be not as beneficial. Just wondered if an extra 15mg in the morning would help. Thanks for the replies.

You may also like...