Hi have been a member for several years, but this is my first post.
I have been in Embrel for 11 years which has been a life saver, but about 3 years ago some pain and inflammation was breaking through. My Rheumy suggested I consider changing over to Ritiuximab and gave me literature to read. My next appointment was with nurse six months later who advised me not to hesitate and asked me if I was cautious due to worry about waiting for approval and said as I already had funding Embrel more approval would not be necessary. By this time my rheumy was on maternity leave and I saw a locum six months on who said forget about a change as I would be left crippled while they waited for Embrel to be out of system and for tests to be carried out to ensure I qualified.
My original Rheumy came back from maternity leave and at next appointment did not remember suggesting a change and I would be seen in 6 months.
After waiting 9 months for an appointment I contacted hospital about 6 times and each time was told there was a problem with making appointments and they would be in touch. After almost a year between appointments I had an appointment made with the locum who told me the Rheumy was on maternity leave again and he was only checking to ensure I still qualified to stay on Embrel.
In the last few months I have had an extreme flare and the doctor I saw as an emergency insisted I admit Embrel was no longer working and should go over to Rituximab. It was only then was it said I would have to have 2 qualifying blood tests with sufficiently bad readings 6 weeks apart before they could apply for funding.
In the meantime the pain is unbearable and very debilitating.
So sorry for the ramble but feel pretty let down and must say if we did this to our dog we would probably be reported and end up in court charged with neglect and cruelty.
Wondered if anyone else had similar experiences.