Enbrel

Have had my first ever delivery of Enbrel today.

The nurse is booked for next Thursday to administer the first injection and then will return a week later I presume to see how I get on with the next one myself.

I have had a very busy time of it lately having been successful with PIP, OT visits and hopefully Enbrel will be my saviour.

The only sad thing to report is that I have my second welfare meeting next Thursday also, for my job. At this meeting I am expecting them to say they cannot employ me any longer due to longterm illness and not fit enough to do my role.

I have been off now since December and in my heart of hearts, I know that I am unable to continue.

Being optimistic, if I lose my job I'm confident that if the new drugs work; I will hopefully be able to return to work part time in the new year. I need to concentrate on getting myself well again.

I hope that you are all having a relatively good day x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck with it. I started on the injector pens and now do injections twice weekly. I am waiting for it to kick in properly but it has helped enormously with fatigue and some of the pain and swelling

• How long have you been on it SOM?

• Nearly 6 months but I have had to have a few times off it when I got bronchitis. I really notice when I go off it though, I can hardly walk and feel sooooo bad.

• Enbrel has worked wonders for me. I still have a mild tick here and there but overall it has been a lifesaver! I hope it does the same for you!

All the best to you!

• Thankyou x

You may also like...