When I wrote this I was a smoker, wanted to put it up here to reinforce the message to myself!!
Why am I quitting smoking?
* I don't enjoy it any more!! Used ot love smoking but (you might not believe this in the future) now I don't. Remember this emma, you do not enjoy smoking!! Only reason i do it is because I'm an addict
*Cost. It is extreely expensive, especially smoking as much as I am now. I can use this money on a lot of better, nicer things.
* Smell. I've just smoked and the smell of smoke on me is very strong, not to mention my breath - not good!!
* Self respect. I hate the look on people's faces when they see me smoking - especially when I smoke 2 right off. NOT good!!
* Health. OK dying seems a long way off but -
I have a sore throat
I have a cough especially in the mornings
My chst feels tight
I get breathless
And this is ONLY because I smoke!!!
* FREEDOM! I'm fed up with having to go smoke whenever I "need" one. It's disruptive, annoying and it rules my life. I don't choose to smoke, cigaettes choose when I smoke them. If I don't then I become a bitch.
It doesn't matter how many cute teddy bear or hearts lighters I buy, however many girly ashtrays, smoking is a smelly, nasty unhealthy addiction.
I'm a girly girl, love smelling nice and looking good. Smoking makes me hands, hair, breath, clothes bag and more stink of fags!!
Plus it is not a good look - not cute and not girly, not at all!!
So that's it - I didn't like it when I smoked so nothing to feel nostalgic for is there?
Unless it's some bizarre thing like those people who like to live as if they're in East Germany - and slightly more masochistic!!