Most Common Symptoms

Hi....I am new to the site so if I'm a little slow , just bare with me :).......I have been quit for 3 weeks although with a little help from e cig and while some things are improving I caught a virus/cold 1 week into my quit :(........doctor originally said allergic reaction to ecig and gave me patches but now say maybe a virus ........so symptons so far :

1, Post nasal drip (very severe , very unpleasant ).

2, Sore throat.

3, Swollen glands.

4, Thrush on tongue.

5, Acid reflux resulting in .......

6, Swollen eseophagas and.....

7, Swallowing problems.

I have never suffered most of these symptoms before and now on a fluid only diet for the timebeing !!

Has anyone else suffered so many symptons from quitting ? .....and how long did it last ? :(

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Marie

I think a lot of those symptoms are quit related, if you look at the symptoms section I'm sure it will put your mind at rest, giving up smoking certainly does cause a lot of ailments, as you have already seen your doctor I wouldn't worry too much a lot of these will settle in the next few weeks, hope you feel a bit better soon and well done on ur 3 weeks brilliant :)

• Hi Marie

I think a lot of those symptoms are quit related, if you look at the symptoms section I'm sure it will put your mind at rest, giving up smoking certainly does cause a lot of ailments, as you have already seen your doctor I wouldn't worry too much a lot of these will settle in the next few weeks, hope you feel a bit better soon and well done on ur 3 weeks brilliant :)

Thankyou Donna ......yeah the doc put me on antihistamine for the post nasal drip which really does help :)......I suppose the virus just aggravated everything :(.....just my luck .....gotta see him about the reflux this week.......fingers crossed he can help with that too .......I'm gonna deal with coming off the patches when I feel better I think .

You may also like...