Champix Day 24-32

I dissapeared for a bit there. Been busy with stuff around the house and evenings are filled, and the worst part is that i have been crazy busy at work and havent had time to write...the nerve of my work giving me work to do ;)

Well, its been over a week since my last posting and I can say that I have been feeling pretty good. I had major cravings on Friday, and, to make it worse, I even found a stashed pack that had 3 smokes in it. I'm not going to pretend like i was some hero and threw them out right away. I'll be honest, I held all three in my hand. Thinking, what is the harm here....its only 3...and they are "free". I even held one in between my fingers like I was holding it to light it.

I remembered all the bads, the tight chest, how bad they tasted at the end of the first week of champix, the smell, the horrible taste in my mouth. I can say i snapped them in pieces and threw them in the garbage. It was a bit of an enlightening experience. That I can walk away from them. That I can say no, even when there was no one around, no one to have to admit defeat to. wasnt easy. My motivation was, "How can i dissapoint so many that are backing me"

I know this is going to be a life long battle....and I hate when people say "If I only knew then what I know now...blah blah blah"...but that is the God's honest truth.

Glad to be back, gonna read some posts now to see how you guys are doing.

Thanks for reading,

5 Replies

• Glad to hear that you are still doing well, Samartel!

I agree that it is most rude of work making you do work. But it is probably better than being sat around, bored and contemplating a sneaky ciggie! ;)

• Hi Samartel

You did amazingly in the face of such temptation, but maybe it doesn't tempt us anymore. There's better things to do with our time.

My ex-smoker colleague recently said "You might want a cigarette, but you don't need one". Good to remember!

Have a look at EFT for cravings. (Youtube)

Good luck

LizzieX (Champix day 17, 3 days non smoking)

• Nice one. Stay strong as that and you've got it cracked.

• Hey all,

Thanks...its words like that that make me very proud. If my wife says it its great, but coming from a non smoker, it doesnt have the impact as it does coming from EX-SMOKERS! Holy far we are ex-smokers! I think that might be the only good word that is preceded by ex...LOL

LizzyX, thank your colleague for this..."You might want a cigarette, but you don't need one". I just wrote it on a piece of paper and am gonna put it in my wallet. If ever i feel i'm gonna crack, i can see that and know I dont need one.

Thanks for reading,

• Glad to hear you are going strong and managed not to crack, sounds as if you are beating the dirty weed.

Keep it up.

You may also like...