Good luck Guys

Hi Everyone,

Shouldnt really be posting yet.......its not my "Day 1", but AM looking into the possibility in the near future :D

Am such a newbie here !

Anyways, friend of mine Christine42 recommended I come over and say hi!

But would like to say to all those people who are on their Day 1......

CONGRATS - you are so brave !! Done know whats going on in your brains but WOW :D:D:D You give me hope !

Maybe (hopefully) will join you someday soon!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Stella,

If you are considering quiting I would recommending reading all you can to motivate you and putting you in a positive fram of mind. That in my opinion & experience is what gets you through thos first, hard, few days. All us ofrum memebrs will be here to help before, during or after.

Gaynor xx

• Welcome to the Forum, Stella.

Good luck on choosing your day 1....no time like the present :)

Gaynor's covered the rest of the good information ;)

• Awwww, thanks Cav & you didn't point out my spelling & grammar, have had really bad typing issues at the moment :rolleyes: Putting it down to quit related not sleeping for days & days & days lol :eek:

• Hi Stella,

Well done for getting this far....i'm sure you'll be ready to quit any day now. I cant tell you how much this forum has helped - i'm only nearing end of day 2, but every time i have a little "wibble" i come on here and post or read other posts to motivate me. Really really got me through it.

Looking forward to seeing you hear soon.:D

• Awwww, thanks Cav & you didn't point out my spelling & grammar, have had really bad typing issues at the moment :rolleyes: Putting it down to quit related not sleeping for days & days & days lol :eek:

No worries, Gaynor. As for the speeling an' gwammer...I fear you mistake me for someone else :rolleyes:

Check out the sleep adjustment link in my sig. Hopefully there will be something you can take away from that.

Enjoy :)

• Welcome Stella,

I'm sure Christine has given you a pretty good idea of what to expect or did our wine guzzling crazy bossy lovely Octo '09 quitter leave you in the dark? ;)

Either way, I'm sure Christine would have tipped you off about the wine drinking and armed you with a few bottles as a way of saying hello and breaking the ice :cool:

So, I'll just take one of those, lighten the load so to speak ;)

Please say hi to Christine from me:) Guess a 'thanks for the wine' might be the polite thing to say too.

Seriously, I wish you well. It's a journey and one I hope to see you begin with positivity and determination. Humour really, really helps.

See you again soon.

Pol

• No worries, Gaynor. As for the speeling an' gwammer...I fear you mistake me for someone else :rolleyes:

Check out the sleep adjustment link in my sig. Hopefully there will be something you can take away from that.

Enjoy :)

LOL, thanks Cav I will check the link out. I have never, never experienced such a bad sleep problem in a quit before & there have been many :o On the other hand my awake periods have been easy peasy for a quit so maybe it is a small price to pay :rolleyes:

• Hello Stella and welcome to the forums. Where is Christine nowa days, locked in a wine cellar somewhere? :D

Will you let her know I said hi and send her my love.

Look forward to seeing you on your quitting journey, it is one hell of a journey but hey we're around as and when you need us.

Tinks xx

• financial help

Quote:

I agree with you!

I am new here! I am PAM

• hello stella...hope you will be joining us in our quest to quit smoking and stay quit..scary:eek: i know but it can be done with the right knowledge and strength and this wonderful forum. i didnt think that i could do it but here i am at 22 days tomorrow...not a so long but its a start:) good luck :)

• Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Have emailed Christine and let her know you are missing her !

Still not time yet......but even just typing on this forum / browsing the stop smoking sites.....even just typing "stop + smoking" is something I never thought I would do.......:D I'm quite pathetic arent I LOL !

Got a few things happening in the next couple of weeks but will start on Alan Carr today and see how we get on.

Will come back .......soon........OMG........:eek::eek:

Al xx

You may also like...