positive messages

Hi my quit pals,

dont know if this sounds a bit childish -but while building up to this- my last quit ever - out of so many failures . the amount you truly wouldnt want to know.:mad:

I have bought a corkboard from my local poundshop. On it I have printed off all the signature readings that have struck a chord. some stuff from the nhs quit site -and the quote underneath one of my much appreciated posts that said; NOPE.

NOT ONE PUFF EVER.

Took me forever to write it in big back ink on pc and then print[a dinosaur I am]

Also I have cut out pictures of the life style I WILL get back again. country scenes and walks . Also I hasten to add - nice perfume and nicknacks for the house etc.

I will go and read and look at the pictures of the reborn me -who can walk miles again, smell lovely - and have self respect.

spent ages doing it. Another excuse to avoid housework eh?

hope I havent gone on too much xx

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sky thats a cracking idea and I wish I had thought of that when I first quit, if you said you had brought yourself a sandpit and were going to play in it all day and did I think it was childish I would say it doesnt matter what any one thinks as long as it helps you to stop smoking and if its childish who gives a sh**.

Happy is how we want you to be and thats how you sound, when I quit I started a poetry thread on here and wrote poems about why Im giving up it has slowly vanished but do think it helped keep a couple of us busy trying to out do each other, so if you find it and can print there is one I wrote and carry it around with me still today, have fun with your cork board bet you need more than one befor quit is secure :D

• Jamangie !!

I adore poetry-really do.

I will look for your poem tonight [with inhalator in my mouth !!]

thanks so much for just -just - dont know what to say really.

any idea where your poem might have gone ?

xx

• Great idea - am gonna write myself some positive messages and stick them up infront of my desk at work!

• Sticking positive messages up where you can see them is a very much tried and trusted method of changing habits etc. It's a brilliant idea cos those negative thoughts can multiply unless you can do something to nip them in the bud. Hope you got a big board, cos the further you quit, the more you'll want to do!!

forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/s...

Try this for Jamangies poetry thread.

Lorraine :)

• Jamangie !!

I adore poetry-really do.

I will look for your poem tonight [with inhalator in my mouth !!]

thanks so much for just -just - dont know what to say really.

any idea where your poem might have gone ?

xx

Hi Sky hope you are feeling well today here is the link for the poetry thread and hope you enjoy it, it gave a few of us a laugh as well, take care and stay smoke free xx

forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/s...

• thanks everyone who replied.:D:D

I will look up poetry link Jamangie -thanks. playing on computer [god playing again!!] really helps keeping me away from bad thoughts-and of course the ironing, cleaning, gardening etc.

had good smile to comments about how many boards I will need to keep quit secure:)

Kitchen is a disgrace and needs redecorating anyway.

quick , cheap ,easy solution has been suggested by yourselves.

Wall to wall corkboards.

might let hubby one of his own -but I will vet what goes up. My motives are pure!!

thanks my friends. Feel good today -and chest SO, SO much better already.

xx

• what a very good Idea chick you should put it in the tips to quit.xxxx

You may also like...