One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is flying as a non smoker. This was a revelation to me and warrants its own thread.
Flying and non smoking - Wow! What an experience (is this coming across as a bit mental? HA!):
1. I didn't hang around outside the airport for that last drag of a ciggie.
2. I didn't annoy my friend by going "Oh before we go through can I just pop outside for a quick ciggie (friend is unforgiving non smoker - and a "pop outside" is a 10 minute hike!!)
3. We had enough time for brekkie and a drink - without me having a major ciggie craving.
4. Had a nice stroll through duty free - not looking at ciggies.
5. I enjoyed the flight and laughed at the cr*p films.
6. I wasn't badgering the attendants to bring me booze all the time coz "I'm a smoker and can't cope"
7. I didn't fidget so much (but I am a born fidgetter as me mum and friends can testify)
8. I didn't nearly kill all the people in front of me who were taking an eternity to get their overhead luggage and get off the plane.
9. I didn't nearly pick up any old bag just so I could get out of the airport sooner to have a ciggie.
10. I didn't say to my friend "can I jsut have a ciggie before we get a cab" therefore delaying us getting to hotel.
11. I didn't sit in a stinky area with dodgy types puffing away.
I DID, however, have a great flight being smoke free.