Just popping in to say hi to everyone, I'm on day 100 CT (woohoo!) and thought it was a pretty good benchmark to come back on here, I'm really pleased to see the majority of Team Monkey Bar Stewards still here and quit, to be honest I wouldn't be at this stage if it wasn't for all the support off this forum, thanks so much everyone.
I've not been logging on as much recently as I tended to think about smoking more if I was on here, but I still wanted to support everyone who has recently attempted to quit or is thinking of doing so. So, here goes, my top tips:
1. Log on here whenever you can and get support, it's great!!
2. Be very paranoid of the nicodemon, he really is very very sneaky
3. Eat popcorn.....honestly!
4. Ignore any weight gain for at least the first 8 weeks, just enjoy being smoke free
5. Take long walks in the fresh air, and breathe deeply (I started doing that and can now run for 5 miles - I could NEVER do that when I smoked, it's a great feeling)
6. Eat grapes.......again, honestly! I think it's the 'hand to mouth' action thing!
7. In the first couple of weeks apologise approximately every 72 hours to your other half for behaving totally irrationally(!) for no reason other than nicodemon playing with your mind! Oh, then log on here and everyone will understand!
8. When things get tough, repeat to yourself why you are doing this and then pat yourself on the back for making one of the most powerful and positive decisions you will ever make in your life....
9. Avoid situations in the early days that you know will maybe trigger you to smoke, this is the naughty nicodemon telling you that you'll be ok, eventually you will be but it's best not to risk it in the first 3 weeks or so.
10. With the money you save (mine so far is Â£378.56!) buy shoes!
Stay as positive as you can at all times