No Smoking Day
2,751 members31,409 posts

Anticlimax

Whew. Finally made the one-year point. Dossey-do & I quit the same day last year, October 18, but she restarted her clock.

I must say I felt a greater sense of accomplishment at the 1-day, 1-week, 1-month, and 6-month points than I feel now. Like others who have posted in the penthouse, I just don't think about smoking all that much anymore.

So, all of you just starting, let me say this. It's not easy, but it is worth every moment. Keep a steady hand on the tiller and the sails pointed close to the wind and everything will be just fine. You, too, will soon be at the 1-year+ mark!

Thanks again to all of you for your support in the past year.

RobW

Quit: October 18 2007

Method: Cold Turkey

Slips: None

10 Replies
oldestnewest

well done. i long for the day when not smoking is not such a big deal as its not something i think about anymore. that is more a very good climax then an anti climax if u ask me! :)

Well done Rob - what's the view like up there?

Well done robW and good to hear from a longer term quitter on the forum.

Its nice to know that not everyone who stops posting has caved in and that some have actually made it ......

Well done again.

Good to hear you've made it to a year,

Give the rest of us proof that we too can do it.

WELL DONE Rob, that is a great achievement.:D I am on month 10, but found months 8 & 9 a bit rocky, l don't know why that was, but it seems to have passed now.:eek:

Love Josie XXX

Well done Rob, thats a great achievement! xx

Well done RobW.

I understand what you are saying about the anticlimax,but I think its a good pointer of how far you have come and what smoking means to you now.

However you feel, it is a fantastic achievement

Well done RobW

Congrats on 1 year and counting....:D

Well done RobW ! :)

That Penthouse is getting rather busy now methinks - keep me a comfy seat please :D

Well Done:)

I Think once you reach the stage of it being an anticlimax you know you have made it all the way:)

You may also like...