Whew. Finally made the one-year point. Dossey-do & I quit the same day last year, October 18, but she restarted her clock.

I must say I felt a greater sense of accomplishment at the 1-day, 1-week, 1-month, and 6-month points than I feel now. Like others who have posted in the penthouse, I just don't think about smoking all that much anymore.

So, all of you just starting, let me say this. It's not easy, but it is worth every moment. Keep a steady hand on the tiller and the sails pointed close to the wind and everything will be just fine. You, too, will soon be at the 1-year+ mark!

Thanks again to all of you for your support in the past year.

Quit: October 18 2007

Method: Cold Turkey

Slips: None

10 Replies

• well done. i long for the day when not smoking is not such a big deal as its not something i think about anymore. that is more a very good climax then an anti climax if u ask me! :)

• Well done Rob - what's the view like up there?

• Well done robW and good to hear from a longer term quitter on the forum.

Its nice to know that not everyone who stops posting has caved in and that some have actually made it ......

Well done again.

• Good to hear you've made it to a year,

Give the rest of us proof that we too can do it.

• WELL DONE Rob, that is a great achievement.:D I am on month 10, but found months 8 & 9 a bit rocky, l don't know why that was, but it seems to have passed now.:eek:

Love Josie XXX

• Well done Rob, thats a great achievement! xx

• Well done RobW.

I understand what you are saying about the anticlimax,but I think its a good pointer of how far you have come and what smoking means to you now.

However you feel, it is a fantastic achievement

• Well done RobW

Congrats on 1 year and counting....:D

• Well done RobW ! :)

That Penthouse is getting rather busy now methinks - keep me a comfy seat please :D

• Well Done:)

I Think once you reach the stage of it being an anticlimax you know you have made it all the way:)

You may also like...