Day 3!!!

Ok im on day 3 and not the best day i must say!!! Was woken up at 3:30 this morning by a drunken (and also smoking!!) flat mate!! and coulnt quit get back to sleep!! Found that im sleeping very lightly at the moment anyway :(. Any how, hoping to get through today ok, really just wanted to smoke this morning when walking to work and think lack of sleep is making it worse!!

11 Replies

• Morning mate do what ever it takes to get passed today day 3 can be one of the worse old nic is leaving the body and fighting to stay. Stay strong Linda xxxx

• Hi Manolo

I hear ya. All I want right now is a fag too but how disappointed with ourselves would we be if we caved in? We've got to ride this ride no matter when we quit so I guess now is as good a time as any. I feel like smoking a few and then starting over another day, when I am in a better mindset, but I realise this is just the addiction trying to get me to have a cigarette NOW.

So, given how far you've come and how well you have done to go 2 full days without a cigarette, do you really want a fag? No, you don't!

Keep it up :cool:

• Yes i know what you mean!!! Its mind over matter!! Got a job interview aswell in an hour so thats making it worse!!

• Oooh good luck with the job interview...hope you're not too nervous! Hey, at least you won't be going into the interview smelling like an ashtray eh? Thats something!

• not to nervous at the moment, but will probably strike just before i go in!!

• manolo - the best thing is that you will not smell of cigarette at your interview. I interviewed someone last week - a smoker - and it was not pleasant and kind of put me of her to be honest...

Gosh - and I smelt like that too not so long ago!

• Well been and done it and didnt have a fag!! Meet them in a bar and one of them was a smoker as could smell it a mile off!! not a pleasent smell and cant believe thats what i smelt like!! yukk!!

• Hi Manolo and well done. When I first quit I could smell a smoker after the first few days and it didn't bother me too much. I thought omg I used to smell like that then I went to bingo with friends the other night (two of whom smoke). In the intervals they went out for a cig and when they came back you could really smell the smoke to the point I felt a little sick. Another incentive to quitting I think as I do not want to smell like an old ashtray ever again.

Keep it up Manolo we are all here for you.:D

• Jan,

How to do you get that paragraph at the bottom of your messages about how much you have saved etc by not smoking??

• You can search in Google for "quit meter" - there are a few of them around. I use the one from here:

which gives you something similar to this:

I have been quit for 2 Months, 1 Day, 2 hours and 51 minutes (61 days). I have saved £321.98 by not smoking 1,222 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 5 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 04/01/2008 11:45

You can change the wording within the program.

• Jan,

How to do you get that paragraph at the bottom of your messages about how much you have saved etc by not smoking??

Sorry Manolo - missed your post. Trev got there b4 me but looks like Im using same as his.

You may also like...