Here is some good news we learned from Dr. Steven Schuster (one of the gurus in CAR-T) during today's Lymphoma Research Foundation "Advances in Immunotherapy in the Treatment of Lymphoma" teleconference Q&A on November 17. Results from his UPENN Abramson Comprehensive Cancer Center follicular lymphoma CAR-T clinical trial showed:
* Of his 14 follicular lymphoma patients 10 (72%) achieved a complete remission.
* No patient achieving a CAR-T complete remission has relapsed.
* The average time in complete remission today stands at about 2 years.
* If your complete remission is 2 years or greater you have the same survival odds as someone who never had follicular lymphoma.
* After 1 year about 50% of his follicular lymphoma CAR-T patients no longer need IVIG infusions.