NHL 7 Years in Remission

Hello. I was diagnosed with NHL stage 4 B-cell follicular in 2010.

Involved were nodes all over as well as bone marrow. Before I was diagnosed with NHL I had complained to my primary doctor and my OBGYN of savere fatigue. Their response was that I am no spring chicken anymore. I ask my primary to check my thyroid in which he did. Came up normal the day after his appointment I had my yearly mammogram and oops ! There it was. Lit up like a Christmas Tree.

Lymphnodes jumping off the x-ray. That's how I found my lymphoma. I was so happy. Strange reaction I know, but I knew something wasn't right and It wasn't my imagination! So next step "git her fixed" And that's what WE did. Me, My Oncologist & My husband. We were a team. Started treatment a few weeks later. I beat fear down with my positive stick. Treatment was a success.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome,Robin. Thanks for sharing your story. Your positive attitude is an inspiration. I am two years since a lucky early diagnosis and still on watch and wait. Sometimes I need that "positive stick" myself, but I keep going and focus on staying as well as I can.

• Hi and congratulations on 7 years in remission..I had a very sore hip joint back in April 2015. I am in the fitness industry and thought I pulled the hip flexors so I changed my exercise routine. I felt fine otherwise. but the pain didn't go away. I had an X-ray, thinking it was arthritis. X-rays came back clear as a bell. I was confused. Found a physio therapist who treated me for about 1 month. Pain didn't go away. I now found it hard to run on the tread mill. I demanded an MRI--and hey presto, I lit up as a christmas tree as well. I had lymph nodes behind sternum light up, arm pits, one vertebra, and it had migrated to my hip joint, the acetabulum. I had chemo 3 weeks later after numerous scans and biopsy. I am now 13 months in remission. I was diagnosed with Diffuse Large B- Cell Lymphoma. I like to speak to lots of people in my situation. I am female, born October 1948. I was 66 when diagnosed. I feel really fine now. Lost all hair obviously. It grew back soft and very curly, like wool..I keep trimming it and have now got a cute hair style and I feel super positive ! Merry Days and Many Happy years ahead...

• Wow you have been through it haven't you? I know how frustrating it was for you. Good for you demanding a MRI.

I am so happy you are well. And with such a cute hairdo to boot! Best wishes my friend 🌹

• Hi, I have marginal zone, at my one year checkup my hip started bothering me, I actually thought it was from running also. This is year two after X-ray MRI and an MRI with dye nothing showed up, so yours did show up in a MRI ? I always feared the cancer had gone to my hip as I had 50% involment in my bone marrow at diagnosis. I guess I need not worry if yours was found by MRI. Thank you for sharing your story

• Your experience is so encouraging for others! Be well!

• thank you.

• That is great!

You may also like...