Weight Loss NHS
80,583 members43,055 posts

Replacement for McDonalds' breakfast?

So, every morning I get up late, rush to get out of the house and skip breakfast - that is until I get into town and walk into McDonalds. I have a sausage and egg bagel everyday, and because it's full of protein and fat it does keep me full, but it's got to go.

So after looking for a replacement breakfast, I've decided to give avocado and poached eggs on toast a go. I hope it fills me up!

Any other suggestions I could try?

13 Replies
oldestnewest

If you look at the Topics recipes and log onto the Daily Diary, you'll get heaps of ideas, Abe :)

The replacement sounds lovely.. have you looked at the Daily Diary.. lots of ideas on there.. overnight oats is popular.. and if your running late, and they are in a sealed jar or container.. they would be ready to go with you!

Cheering you on for all the tweets and adjustments on the way 🎉🎉🎉

2 likes

Avocado and poached egg - nothing nicer!

I put my poached on on slices of griddles aubergine to reduce carb intake and it is so delicious.

1 like

Avocado and poached egg - that's the best breakfast!

I usually eat oatmeal in all variations ;) It's fast to make and keeps me full for quite a long time!

1 like

You could always make your own:

goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/54...

2 likes

Mmmm, I love the sound of 'Avocado and Poached eggs on wholemeal toast' - yum! :-)

Porridge over winter is always nice

While a S&E McMufiin certainly is enjoyable (once or twice a month), your body will function far better upon poached egg with avocado. Add griddled or oven baked tomatoes, alongside streaky smoked bacon and it'll be a truly fantastic breakfast.

In addition to its mono-unsaturated fat content, an avocado also contains a lot of fibre, making the inclusion of wholemeal toast optional. As such, consider combining the above (minus the toast) in a breakfast omelette.

1 like

The trouble I have is making something satisfying, that's also healthy, quick and simple. i think making an omelette could be just the ticket. Cheers :)

1 like

Sounds great!!

Steep porridge overnight then cook in microvave. Top with sliced banana and spoonful of natural yogurt. .. 😊my favourite

I normally smash myself in the face with a large plank for breakfast

Mc Donalds do a porridge too. Try it.

1 like

You may also like...